Author: holly666

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-14 09:28:58 |Display all floors
Thursday, June 14, 2007 Sunny
1st_resp’s pictures make me recall my teenaged life. At that time we lived in the first house of a connected Chinese brick-wood bungalow. There were three pieces of vacant ground around our house, which was full of rubbish, bricks, stones and tiles. My hard-working grandma dug them and made them into three kailyards. She planted various vegetables in different seasons like cabbage, eggplant, pumpkin, white gourd, corn, sugar beet, cucumber, kidney bean. Though it’s hard to dig and sow, it’s absolutely pleasant to harvest. Every time we picked the fresh vegetables, our neighbors saw us with admiration. Every season we had fresh vegetables to eat, which are absolutely green and healthy. From then on I developed the habit of eating vegetables, from which I benefit a lot. What’s the most important was that the vegetables helped our family survive those hard years. Then my brother, my sister and I were growing fast. The food supplies were not enough. We needed much nutrition. Without the vegetables to supplement, we would have starved to death. How I appreciated my grandma. Without her we couldn’t have dug up the kailyards. Grandma, wish you enjoy yourself in the paradise.

I’m nostalgic.

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2007-6-14 09:30 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 09:36:03 |Display all floors
Holly666,May I have your QQ or other contact  ways?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 10:11:23 |Display all floors
I have no QQ, but have Skype: holly6661. Welcome to contact me.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 11:02:48 |Display all floors
I am really so that i did not know the Skype yet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 11:03:41 |Display all floors
Hi Holly - My grandparents had a garden too. They definitely provide food. It's easy even if the ground is hard. There are ways to soften the ground. My children grew up helping me farm, and now my granddaughter loves to come stay with us. She likes feeding the goats. I won't let her near the cattle yet. She is so small compared to a full grown steer. I'm small next to a full grown steer. :)

I hope someday you can live in a house with a garden so you can share with your grandchildren.

[ Last edited by 1st_resp at 2007-6-13 07:06 PM ]
goats2.jpg
Husband, father, farmer, logger, woodcutter, and rancher

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 12:23:17 |Display all floors
Thank you, 1st_resp, for your hope. sethcao, you can download Skype on the net. It's free. You can find many friends here:
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/viewthread.php?gid=4&tid=299269&extra=&highlight=%CD%B5%C0%C1&page=3

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2007-6-15 09:38 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-14 13:40:57 |Display all floors
Methinks that keep a diary is one of ways to improve English. You like it , just do it. Please don't consider it as a burden for your everyday life. Part of them should be planned better with an eye to the description rather than a rough work in my opinion . The  readers enjoy reading it because it is a diary not a bill list.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.