Author: holly666

holly's diary [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-4 12:36:27 |Display all floors
Monday, June 04, 2007                                                                                   Sunny
It’s a month since we went to Chaoyang Park on May 3. I have an itch to go out. So on Saturday we went to Beijing Botanical Garden. We two family planned to go there together, but my friends’ son was busy preparing for the coming tests, so he didn’t go, thus my daughter didn’t go without him. She felt it’s not interesting to go only with us adults. My husband had something temporary to do, so he went to office. At last only three of us went there.

We arrived at about 3:00 p.m., many people began to return, so the whole garden seemed much voider, and a little quieter. Not having gone there for a long time, I found it’s very beautiful with green trees around it, flowers blooming everywhere, a brook flowing down into the small lake. We walked slowly along the lake, breathing the fresh air, having a random talk. Now and then we stopped and sat beside the road or by the lake, talking, eating some snack food, like peanuts, sweets, sun flower seeds, having a look at the beautiful scenery. On the lake is a boat with three people. Not far from it there are two ducks, playing in the water. Red, white, and yellow nenuphars bloomed in it. On the meadow under the trees are groups of people here and there, adults lying, or sitting while children running around. It’s so nice that we decided to go again at the end of this month after the test of the students.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-5 10:56:33 |Display all floors
Tuesday, June 5, 2007 Sunny
As the population increases, the competition among people is getting much keener. In the eyes of most people there is nothing but money and benefit, not to speak of faith. Thus the relationship among people is getting worse and worse. Yesterday morning, I hurried to my office before work time, but unfortunately I forgot to clock in. I had to ask my manager to sign for me in order not to have my pay deducted because my company has a rule that if we forget to clock in we can have our manager sign. Before when we went to the manager for her signature, she's always ready to immediately without question. We considered her an open and sensible cadre. But yesterday when she signed, she said I should give the card to the doorkeeper to give her because she didn't know if I was on time. Damn it. Am I so poor that I might do such things to cheat her. God knows. Even if I had to beg for living I would never cheat. How sad I feel that faith is disappearing among us.

Sorry to show the skeleton in the closet.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 09:33:24 |Display all floors
Wednesday, June 6, 2007 Sunny
Since I married, I've become a housewife. I've been doing most of the housework, such as, taking care of my daughter, cooking, washing, and so on. I have no reason to complain. It's my duty. But sometimes I feel much discouraged. In order to let them have a good appetite, I always use my head to cook various food. Yesterday, I cooked 'tangculiji"(糖醋里脊). First, I surfed the internet to search for the imformation about how to do it. Then I went to buy liji in the supermarket after work. I worked laboriously to finish it. Feeling very happy, I asked them to eat. I was expecting they would like it and praised me, but finishing eating, my daughter said, "Mum, don't do such things in future. I doesn't taste sweet or sour." How disappointed I was.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 10:30:30 |Display all floors
holly666-

I would like to comment on a few things in your last diary entry to help you with some English. Instead of  "and so on" you can use the phrase  "etc."  which is abbreviated for et cetera, which literally translates to "and so on".  It is typically used in a list form, as you have done, to shorten the list, but lets the reader know that there are other things in the list.   Example: I need to go to the grocery store to buy milk, eggs, fruit, etc.

Also, instead of  "much discouraged" it is more logical to say  "very discouraged."  

For the next sentence, (In order to let them have a good appetite, I always use my head to cook various food.) I have many suggestions!  I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say, so I would like to offer a few options.  Perhaps, "In order for my family have a balanced diet, I try to cook healthy foods"   or   "I try to cook various types of healthy food for my family,  so that they are not limited to one type."  There are numerous other ways! However, as you have typed it, the sentence sounds a little awkward.

Other than those few things, your English is very good! My mother also ran into a similar situation when cooking for my family. We never liked what she cooked, even though she worked very hard on the meals. I am sure that your family appreciates your hard work!

Suzann -

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 16:07:35 |Display all floors
I want to say that I try my best to provide different foods for them in case they are tired of one kind of food and do not eat much.

How I appreciate your help! I save what you write.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 19:42:18 |Display all floors
I admire that you can insist on writting diary everyday.Yeah,your articles sound fluent though all things come from usual life.I agree with you and I will take more attention to your articles in future.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-6 23:39:19 |Display all floors
Suzann -
   i admir your nature English,all the words follow your minds,you will be my teacher.
maybe i should form a habit of diary in English.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.