Author: freeness

what is the disadvantage of ATM? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-6 23:29:41 |Display all floors
I must pay a little money for the bank of ATM,if my card is not that bank.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 10:39:47 |Display all floors

for me, it's torture

The idea of using an ATM always sends me jitters. Personally I have never fallen prey to any of reported ATM fraud schemes. But to think of withdrawing cash in the public gaze is so unnerving to me. It makes me feel vulnerable. It always gets me to look behind my shoulder. Maybe I'm a little bit paranoid, and making too much out of it. But it's really unpleasant experience.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 10:55:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beachcabin at 2007-6-7 10:39
The idea of using an ATM always sends me jitters. Personally I have never fallen prey to any of reported ATM fraud schemes. But to think of withdrawing cash in the public gaze is so unnerving to me ...

heehee----------------> you hv MUCH money in yr account...............
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 11:04:52 |Display all floors

the circumstances is the cause.

You got me wrong, pal. It has little to do with the amount of money. It is about the surroundings. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 11:11:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by beachcabin at 2007-6-7 11:04
You got me wrong, pal. It has little to do with the amount of money. It is about the surroundings. :)

i know, yrs in public places

while mine in a glass room

with security guard besides..................
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 11:28:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matt605 at 2007-6-6 18:20
In California, they made a law to limit the fee a bank charges you if you are not its customer when using its ATM, but this was a mistake.  Think of it like a newspaper rack.  We all subscribe to the newspaper and we all have banks.  But if we want a newspaper out of the rack, then we have to pay a small fee.  Same thing with getting money from an ATM that isn't your bank's ATM.  

It's not the same as getting newspapers from newspaper vending machine.  We are talking about a very small bandwidth use for a very small amount of time of a bank's communication system - that's something that's so intangible.  May be it can be compared to the public telephones or internet (for the initial setup and maintenance of the communication system ) but even then the data rate and the occupied time of an atm data transfer is much less in comparison.

Besides, there are properly equal number of people who are from Bank A use Bank B's machine as those from Bank B who use Bank A's machine, so the effect is people are getting charged more without a net increase in services from both banks.

I don't know how much is fair for charging of an electronic transaction, as its cost base is different to tangible products, but one thing is for sure without some oversight the bank stands to make a very good margin on it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-7 11:30:22 |Display all floors
Wow!!

How come my post is all blue and stuff!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.