Author: freeness

what is the disadvantage of ATM? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-26 20:32:11 |Display all floors
I think it safety,but I dislike to queue up for get money.there are always many people to wait.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-27 00:40:10 |Display all floors

Verything has two sides

Very thing has two sides. When you conveniencely  use  the ATM,  you would afford the hazard it brought because nothing is perfect in the world.
    We can look up the same problems in our life, such as the job which will give you high paid will brought heavy stress to you.
   May be some people would agree with what I say.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-29 03:43:07 |Display all floors

Happy 40th birthday to the ATM

I didn't realize that the ATM has been around for 40 years until I saw this item in today's New York Times.

It seems fitting that a ubiquitous piece of technology that everyone takes for granted celebrated its 40th birthday as people line up for the iPhone, the very height of the mania.
Yes, the A.T.M. turned 40 on Wednesday, if you count from the planting of one in a north London suburb, on June 27, 1967, as The Associated Press and others did. Now one stands in Antarctica, the A.P. said.
“The A.T.M. deserves an enormous amount of credit–or blame–for the way we live today,” Fortune magazine wrote in a meditation on the machine. But “it’s hard to know who to bestow it upon,” the magazine said, pointing to a debate over the father of the invention.
For its ubiquity in New York, credit is due to Walter B. Wriston, Citibank’s chairman in 1977, who placed a $100 million bet on “faceless boxes that spit out money,” an idea from his protege John S. Reed, who now leads the New York Stock Exchange.
A new report estimates more than 1,650,000 machines worldwide, but that’s not stopping a Seattle Post-Intelligencer columnist from predicting that it is following the telephone booth into history.
“As financial institutions and retailers find more ways to make it easier to use plastic” — like the new “blink” technology that saves a swipe — people will need less cash, the columnist wrote. Also, mobile banking has caught on in South Africa and elsewhere for account inquiries, transfers and bill-paying.
Whether it stays or goes, one thing is for sure: the United States — the biggest market for A.T.M.’s in the world — has come a long way since 1985, when this headline ran in The New York Times: “A CHECK-WRITING NATION IGNORES THE DEBIT CARD.”
A cynic is a dissapointed idealist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-15 23:53:27 |Display all floors
the false coins  are  very  popular in ATM ,  when I  fall across the instance ,who can help me ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-16 21:15:28 |Display all floors
HK is developing new ATM software that advertisers the banks or even 3rd party goods and services so that they can keep ATMs free.. a practice that is likely to be swiftly adopted in the USA

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-29 23:06:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by narendra37 at 2012-4-29 23:09

Cash machines are as dirty as public toilets: Few of us would wash our hands after getting money out from an ATM machine; however, cleanliness tests in Britain have revealed that cash machines are just as dirty as public toilets. Experts assessed swabs from the key pads on cash machines and also from nearby public toilets and found that they both contained the same types of bacteria known to cause sickness.

Narendra Dev
National Sugar Institute

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-29 23:10:47 |Display all floors
Cash machines are as dirty as public toilets: Few of us would wash our hands after getting money out from an ATM machine; however, cleanliness tests in Britain have revealed that cash machines are just as dirty as public toilets. Experts assessed swabs from the key pads on cash machines and also from nearby public toilets and found that they both contained the same types of bacteria known to cause sickness.

Narendra Dev
National Sugar Institute

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.