Author: stephen_long

guys fm all not Eng speaking countries: when did u begin to learn Eng? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-7-10 13:18:36 |Display all floors
I begin to study English when i was 15,about 11 years till now.
But, frankly speaking, I just made great progress afer I graduated from colleage. I am from the rural area and I never see a foreiger before i study the university.....................

One day ,i was asked by a foreign friend ,,"Do you learn English by youself?" I replied "no, most of students in china are studing English", But i was ashamed because most of our students who is learning english
can't speak english fluently even though they keep studing for a long time.

We must urgen our gov. to extend the investment in the rural area
Work hard with quality to catch up with Britain and the Unit State in 15 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-17 13:47:29 |Display all floors

sign

i feel like my english is getting backward....gettng bad.....don't know why...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-7-20 01:27:06 |Display all floors
Grade 3, Sweden.

But long before formal learning at school, I was accustomed to English through television. About half of all programs in Swedish television are in English, mainly US shows, movies and series. There is no dubbing whatsoever, just subtitling (a hint to the Chinese if they want their kids to pick up English fluently; school is never enough).

In European countries where dubbing is common (Germany, Italy), the general fluency in English is way below that of countries where subtitling is used.

Dubbing is almost always used by nations that take a great pride in their language and think that foreign influences will corrupt that language. The opposite is true, however. If you know one or more foreign languages, you will also be more skilled using your own, and you will also value your own language more than otherwise.
瑞典人,活着为中国娃娃而死。汉学家、工程师、摄影师、网页设计师等等。爱好:政治、历史、科技、文化等。王菲迷。自由主义者。

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.