Author: matt605

Pentagon Warns China on Taiwan HAHAHA [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-6-8 11:27:59 |Display all floors

What language is it?

Originally posted by joey141 at 2007-5-27 08:04
"zhong" guo = lao hu zhi

wo xi wang meiguo jun dui da dao "zhong" guo jie fan jun!

meiguo de li liang bi "zhong" guo de qiang!

xiao ren!

bao wei meiguo co ...

Are you speaking Mandarin or a Chinese dialect?    ;P  ;P  ;P  ;P  ;P ;P ;P ;P   :lol  :lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 19:21:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joey141 at 2007-5-27 08:04
"zhong" guo = lao hu zhi

wo xi wang meiguo jun dui da dao "zhong" guo jie fan jun!

meiguo de li liang bi "zhong" guo de qiang!

xiao ren!

bao wei meiguo co ...

Do you want my son's email address? Seriously.
Working with us, you work with a part of China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 22:39:16 |Display all floors

Reply #7 mengzhi's post

I relise you truely believe that the USA military is a paper tiger, but should there come a time to engage a country like China (Heaven Forbid Such A Thought) I ask you to consider one thing. While the military is inept and impotent at gorilla and urban warfare, it is extremely good at Battlefield Warfare.

I am truely saddened by such nonsence spouted by american sources, and certainly about potential intervention into Taiwan, but if it were to happen, I doubt China would survive much better than Saddams Army ,and that was eliminated in just 72 hours. Paper tigers and inept, are words for fools and armchair generals. Even you have recognised the immence war machine the US can bring to bear, and if the people get behind it, it is also extremely dangerous.

The examples on North Korea, Vietnam, Afganistan, Iraq you proudly wave as a flag, is in fact my point. "There Entire Military Arsenal Was Distroyed". We indeed lost the wars or brought them to a draw - but that was politicians and policies, not the machines of war.

food for thought

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-8 23:41:42 |Display all floors

The Gandhi Factor

Originally posted by convair1948 at 2007-6-8 08:39
The examples on North Korea, Vietnam, Afganistan, Iraq you proudly wave as a flag, is in fact my point. "There Entire Military Arsenal Was Distroyed". We indeed lost the wars or brought them to a draw - but that was politicians and policies, not the machines of war.

Been watching this debate for a while, but yet to see the real question asked:

If the U.S. Armed Forces were led by Mao or Stalin - would there really be a communist China, communist Vietnam, or a Wabbhist Middle East?  Or just a collection of gulags, mass graves, and "re-education camps"?

Honestly, would we see a leader like Genghis Khan or the First Emperor of China care about world option when dealing with an enemy?  Or would they stack the severed heads up high and dare someone to open their mouths?

What U.S. is dealing with is what the British had to deal with in Gandhi - trying to defeat an opponent within a very rigid set of standards, morals, and public option.

And it is what China will have to deal with as it tries to project a "friendly, benign" image to the world - awhile trying to bury the hatchet deep inside a nationalist skull.

As you can witness from the British and U.S. actions - it can be a very tricky game.  

TraderVic

[ Last edited by tradervic at 2007-6-11 07:40 AM ]
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 09:39:22 |Display all floors
A war over Taiwan will involve the US Navy and Air Force, our two most powerful military sources. While the Army and Marines are busy in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Air Force and Navy are ready for any conflict in the Pacific. It will be nothing like Iraq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-11 10:12:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by joey141 at 2007-6-11 09:39
A war over Taiwan will involve the US Navy and Air Force, our two most powerful military sources. While the Army and Marines are busy in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Air Force and Navy are ready for a ...

And you will join them?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-12 03:45:56 |Display all floors
There is a big difference between Iraq and China, neanderthal joey.

China has nukes whereas Iraq did not!

If the Americans try any sh!t the retaliation would make this planet glow for billions of years.
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.