Author: metto81

Why refer to others as Boys and Girls? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-27 00:25:30 |Display all floors
maybe it sounds better lol, i donno...
or... their english is limited and doesnt know how to express gender in terms of male and female.
or... they just dont like the fact that they are grownups. lol =D
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-27 09:46:12 |Display all floors
I am 190cm and 120 KG with 7% body fat.

NO WAY....120kg but only 7% body fat?!... the skinniest person i know has 10%...and she is all bones and skin...what are you made of...

and 120*7% < 47*20%....  I feel so bad about myself...>_<..
dead

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-27 12:41:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mira_mio at 2007-5-27 09:46

NO WAY....120kg but only 7% body fat?!... the skinniest person i know has 10%...and she is all bones and skin...what are you made of...

and 120*7% < 47*20%....  I feel so bad about myself ...

BODYBUILDER.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was 3% body fat in his heyday.

Regarding boy/girl, man/woman. Here in America, we refer to them as Guy for man/boy and gal for girl/guy. Just like Joanna said, not yet a woman/man, but no longer a girl/boy.

So from now on we use gal and guy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-27 13:27:16 |Display all floors
arnold was on steriods so he doesnt count lol.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-28 11:02:29 |Display all floors
Personally I disgust those middle-aged men call themselves "we boys", ....unless in a kidding/funny tone....if they mean it, well it sounds like really disgustingly childish to me. Some women could be cute doing that but those men just made me sick

But then some male don't like to be called as boys, they want to be mature, some male want to treated like "boys" cause they are just little boys in heart, some female wanted to be called as girls no matter in their 18s or 80s cause they want to sound young and desirable, some female don't like that cause they to look independent.

So....who're we to judge and generalize and fuss about? You can't read people's mind nor can you judge them. Just like and dislike...

And then I think one's height has anything to do with being "boy" or "man", I had a classmate in junoir high school who is 190 cm tall but somewhat mentally challenged, more of a very tall boy.

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2007-5-28 11:04 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-28 13:47:06 |Display all floors
bringing this post up and pushing that ADs sh!t down

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-2 06:54:38 |Display all floors
Who are the guys in "The old boys' club"?...the smart politicians.?..the rich & famous?...or the rich & powerful?...Personally I don't like being called boy...the last person who called me boy is still counting his nuts! I am not a boy...I am a bird!:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.