Author: voice_cd

Quickie divorces on the rise for post-1980s generation [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-25 15:15:06 |Display all floors
When we have dating,we may broken up.When we married,we may divorced.
So can love last forever???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-25 15:51:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by voice_cd at 2007-5-25 11:05
Many Chinese couples born after 1980 are choosing to tie the knot but also untie it just as quickly.

In China, women can get married when they are 20 years old, 22 for men, so the post-1980s ge ...

FIRECRACKER'S LOVE.

EASY BE LIGHTED;
EASY BE BURNED..

SHELLEY'S THEORY
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-25 21:17:30 |Display all floors

Does Education Factor In?

Originally posted by voice_cd at 2007-5-24 21:05
Many Chinese couples born after 1980 are choosing to tie the knot but also untie it just as quickly.

In China, women can get married when they are 20 years old, 22 for men, so the post-1980s ge ...

Here is some more food for thought about this topic:

http://www.economist.com/world/n ... fm?story_id=9218127

Just wondering if there is an education breakdown for the Chinese divorces as well.

TraderVic
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-25 22:36:16 |Display all floors
What, people born in the 80's are already getting married.  And yet I can't find a wife or a girlfriend for that matter

Interesting article, Vic.  China could have a similar demographics given that unless you are born right at the beginning years of the 80's it's difficult to have complete a post graduate degree and people tend not to get married while studying, and the wealth thing.

I wonder what are the other factors - increase in migrant workers that people have to live apart - increase in female work opportunities and income - changing of traditional values.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-25 23:50:24 |Display all floors

Chinese version of the U.S. Census Bureau?

Originally posted by toksave at 2007-5-25 08:36
I wonder what are the other factors - increase in migrant workers that people have to live apart - increase in female work opportunities and income - changing of traditional values.....  

Your guess is as good as mine.  Is there a Chinese version of the U.S. Census Bureau?  If nothing else - there would be a good amount of data to analyze for this subject.

TraderVic
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.