Views: 3704|Replies: 9

Tears or ...... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-25 10:52:29 |Display all floors
This is my story, but maybe it's a portraiture of many Chinese people.
  Ten years ago, my husband and I came here for developing. We've been working hard and got some achievement. The tax we've paid is more than 10,000 yuan, but we own no benefits from the government, even the fair education right.
  My daughter followed us here to study from the primary school. She is indeed a good, honest, and kind girl. She not only studies well, but behaves well. All the teachers praise her. But she can't get the fair treatment because of the education policy. When she graducated from the primary school, she was so good that she could gain the name "Three-good Student of Beijing City", but she lost it because she had no "hukou". Her headmaster explained it to me. I could understand, but she was a child, how could she understand it. She was struck heavily. After that she said she didn't like Beijing.
  Though she is still a good student in the senior middle school, she hasn't joined the youth league. I can understand as a mother.
  Now the biggest strike is coming! Because of "hukou", she has to come back to my hometown "Sichuan" to take the "university entrance examination". Everybody knows what it means to her. We said sorry to her. She said let it be. She didn't even complained anything, but I know she's sad. Recently she's not active as before, she is quiet and always in thought. As a result, she got the 20th place in this mid-term examination while she was always before the fifth place.
  As parents we've tried our best, but we can't control the government. I have nothing to say except sorry from the bottom of my heart. I want to cry. Who can help me? Tears come down to my heart. I want to shout. Who can listen to me?
  Now I can only hope that she can manage it herself. Never be defeated,  be strong in heart and mind. I can only comfort myself with that saying "hardship may be something good for us." How I wish she could understand the former saying. How I wish she could grow up strong and go to the country where there's freedom and civil right.
  I know this doesn't only happen to my family. There are thousands of families like mine and there will be more and more such families. When will it end?
  As a college student of 1980s from a remote mountain area near Jiuzhaigou, though we were poor we had fair education right. At that time it's said only the university entrance examination was fair. If only we studied hard, we could go to college and change our fates. So I'm here today. Now I'm sad to say we even lose this last fair right.
  There's an American song: this land is your land and this land is my land. Is this land under my foot mine, otherwise whose is it?
  Early in America, the black woman could rufuse to give her seat to the white man. Now we even can't get in the "white area". Where is Martin Luther King? When can we Chinese people having the same skin and same color have the same right and fairness?
  I want to cry not only for my daughter but for millions of daughters and sons of our people. What will our education teach them? Where will our country go?

[ Last edited by holly666 at 2008-4-23 03:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-5-25 11:57:19 |Display all floors
I feel your pain, and the pain of millions of people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-25 13:31:59 |Display all floors
Thank you! Thank China Daily BBS. I post my story on sohu and sina forum, and soon it was deleted. I feel there is nowhere to speak. Thank god it's still here.
  In fact, I think I can overcome my difficulty and ease my pain, but how can thousands of the children. Must they suffer such unfairness because they are born China? What will they be when they grow up?
  When I was a child, my family and most of the families lived in the houses belonging to the state, but we took them our home we were the master. There's no need to worry about where to live in the future. Now I have a house of my own here, my husband, my daughter, my parents and even my sister's family are all here, but I still don't think it my home. We are still regarded as "waidiren". I think of my hometown. I think my home is there, but when I go back, my friends and acquaintances treat me as a guest. And I don't know what's in fashion there. I'm floating like leaves without roots. Where is my home?
  How about my daughter? And millions of children like her? Where are their home?
  We are taught to love our country on the first day at school. How can we love a country where we are called "waidiren"? In America even foreign workers are called guest workers.

Use magic tools Report

mickyz has been deleted
Post time 2007-5-28 01:47:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-28 09:32:11 |Display all floors
i am very sorry for your daughter ,but i want to say that there are millions of child in our county did not have the good education, they live in the remote west mountain area, our government must provide the oppourtunity to them ,so the education in our county is not equal.
if equal for everyone, there is no more student form the  remote west mountain area to have the futher education nowdays. this is the china's coditions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-28 09:56:38 |Display all floors

To Micky

"I say such policy wouldn't be banished if the two facts remain unchanged. One, the unparallel development of different regions; two, the ever growing huge population."
  I don't agree with you on the two reasons. First, because of the unparallel development people keep flowing from undeveloped city or rural areas to the developed cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai and so on though the policy exists. It can't prevent such flowing. In fact, what it can function is to discharge the government of their responsibility and make fractions. My husband and I have paid more than 100,000 tax to Beijing government, but we've got nothing in return, no insurance, no house, no fair education right. Second, why has the city, such as Beijing, Shanghai developed? Isn't it because they take possesion of all the resources of the whole country? Isn't it because all the people of our country contribute to them?
  Now what I worry about is the effect of such policy on children. The negative effects are obvious. From the talk of my daughter, I know she doesn't like Beijing, and she will not have children in order not to let them suffer such pain. As a mother, I have nothing to say. I can't convince her with words. I'm so powerless. What I can do is to encourage her to study well, not only to build our country, but to go where there is freedom, where there is fairness. Thus my colleague calls me a traitor. No, I'm not. As a common peson, I just want to live a better life(Life is short). I believe the world is a small village. All the people should live in harmony. I only support the government that serve the people. You see, this is the result. And who will suffer from it? Time will prove it.

Use magic tools Report

mickyz has been deleted
Post time 2007-5-28 12:53:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.