Author: sabby_0232

foreign friends are alike [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-28 18:12:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by shelleybelly at 2007-5-28 18:09

Thunderbird is Chinese immigrant, how can  you only make a judgement by one voice...

you have to listen more and wait more..

actually having some friends is OK,

when & if i need,

i can pop up the question

"Do you have a spare/visitor room???

in that way, save hotel expenses.....

p/s: it is not easy to be invited............
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 07:30:27 |Display all floors

-

Sabby, it take time and patience whether you are in a foreign country or your own country.

I have a lot of Chinese friends and have known them for 5 years. I have have had to earn their trust. I never betray their trust.

I live in the U.S........ so for them, they are the foreigners and very apprehensive of Americans.....Remember the Skunks? They are everywhere. So you have to earn their trust and never betray that trust.

Yesterday, we took a long trip to a big city. I took two families and we all went shopping for Chinese food. (can not get it here) It was fun but what is more important is that they trusted me to drive all that distance.

On weekends sometimes a family will come to my little town and we all will go swimming, fishing, and just messing around. We have meals out in the shade of  my garden deck and just enjoy the mild weather and sweet scent of flowers. Again, what is important is that I do not betray their trust. I must not brag about my possessions or my state or country. I must never compare my culture with their culture. We soon discover that we are not so different. We all enjoy the company of our friendship.  We all enjoy the trust we have in each other. They can relax and not worry if someone is looking at them or wanting to hurt them because they are Chinese. They are just friends enjoying life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 12:47:04 |Display all floors

Don't call them foreign friends

a foreigner is a stranger and outsider, different, not one of us

therefore cannot be a friend

until you begin to forget that he or she is a foreigner

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 12:59:05 |Display all floors

Thunderbird is Chinese immigrant, how can  you only make a judgement by one voice...

but what he said makes sense .
thunderbird is chinese immigrant.so he must have the true experience that is why what he said is of representation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-29 17:37:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by spiritrace at 2007-5-29 07:30
Sabby, it take time and patience whether you are in a foreign country or your own country.

I have a lot of Chinese friends and have known them for 5 years. I have have had to earn their trust. I ...

***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-4 00:05:06 |Display all floors

In real life, I wear many hats...and I have many voices...In CD forum.... I am only a man and a bird.:) But definitely I am  a manbird in the CD forum...see my avatar for proof!  :) There is another old Chinese saying that "people are confident in what they see and hear"...I respect their judgments.:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-6-4 00:12:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ghost156 at 2007-5-29 12:59

but what he said makes sense .
thunderbird is chinese immigrant.so he must have the true experience that is why what he said is of representation

Yes, I am speaking from experiences...but only one voice...I never wanted to speak for people and never wanted to make my experience the ultimate truth!...I don't represent the truth!:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.