Author: voice_cd

what's the most important factor when you hunt for a job ?  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-22 00:44:35 |Display all floors

Money - C.O.L.A.

Money, Money, Money...

... to pay for the rent, food, and taxes associated with working a job in a particular town or state.  A term to learn is C.O.L.A. - Cost of Living Adjustment.  If you are going a job that pays the same scale, regardless if the Cost of Living changes for that town or state (i.e. Chicago or Shanghai), then you need to find another job that has C.O.L.A. in the work contract.

TraderVic
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-22 10:34:26 |Display all floors
Y ou should  a job which is your  favorite line  . and then Working environment is a key factor .if Working environment is not suitable for you , don't you have a good mood to work hard. Not to mention improving working efficiency.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-22 11:41:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tradervic at 2007-5-22 00:44
Money, Money, Money...

... to pay for the rent, food, and taxes associated with working a job in a particular town or state.  A term to learn is C.O.L.A. - Cost of Living Adjustment.  If you are ...

a  realistic guy !

[ Last edited by mjackson321 at 2007-5-22 12:28 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-22 17:09:11 |Display all floors

personal hobby or dream

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-24 12:17:58 |Display all floors
salary,hobby

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-24 21:35:46 |Display all floors
professional orientation or skills is better for our future.
Nothing venture,nothing have.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-26 14:11:53 |Display all floors

"developing prospect"
is my choice.

the job now is basing on this point though my ex-job could provide me more salary.

for the "more" is only current, and once after it has reached some point, there will be space to be added salary by your boss, no matter how harder u work nor how long u stay in the same company----that will be worse if the boss is from Taiwan, China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.