Post time 2007-5-17 08:17:28 |Display all floors
George W. Bush

was semi-elected twice.

That's America.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 08:41:03 |Display all floors

i am a chinese but i know something from EMinem's songs

"White America"

America, hahaha, we love you, how many people are proud to be citizens of this beautiful
Country of ours, the stripes and the stars for the rights that men have died for to protect,
The women and men who have broke their neck's for the freedom of speech the United States
Government has sworn to uphold, or
(Yo', I want everybody to listen to the words of this song) so we're told...

I never would've dreamed in a million years I'd see,
So many mother----in' people who feel like me, who share the same views
And the same exact beliefs, it's like a ----in' army marchin' in back of me, so many lives I
Touch, so much anger aimed, in no particular direction, just sprays and sprays, and straight
Through your radio waves it plays and plays, 'till it stays stuck in your head for days and
Days, who would of thought, standing in this mirror bleachin' my hair, with some peroxide,
Reaching for a t-shirt to wear, that I would catapult to the forefront of rap like this, how
Could I predict my words would have an impact like this, I must've struck a chord, with somebody
Up in the office, cause congress keeps telling me I ain't causin' nuthin' but problems, and now
They're sayin' I'm in trouble with the government, I'm lovin' it, I shoveled ---- all my life,
And now I'm dumping it on...

[Chorus]
White America, I could be one of your kids, white America, little Eric looks just like this,
White America, Erica loves my ----, I go to TRL, look how many hugs I get, white America, I
Could be one of your kids, white America, little Eric looks just like this, white America, Erica
Loves my ----, I go to TRL, look how many hugs I get...

Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself, if they were brown, Shady lose, Shady
Sits on the shelf, but Shady's cute, Shady knew, Shady's dimple's would help, make ladies swoon
Baby, {ooh baby}, look at my sales, let's do the math, if I was black, I would've sold half, I
Ain't have to graduate from Lincoln high school to know that, but I could rap, so ---- school,
I'm too cool to go back, gimme the mic, show me where the ----in' studio's at, when I was
Underground, no one gave a ---- I was white, no labels wanted to sign me, almost gave up, I was
Like, ---- it, until I met Dre, the only one to look past, gave me a chance, and I lit a fire up
Under his ass, helped him get back to the top, every fan black that I got, was probably his in
Exchange for every white fan that he's got, like damn, we just swapped, sittin' back lookin' at
----, wow, I'm like my skin is it starting to work to my benefit now, it's...

[Chorus]

See the problem is, I speak to suburban kids, who otherwise would of never knew these words
Exist, whose mom's probably would of never gave two squirts of piss, 'till I created so much
Mother----in' turbulence, straight out the tube, right into your living room I came, and kids
Flipped when they knew I was produced by Dre, that's all it took, and they were instantly hooked
Right in, and they connected with me too because I looked like them, that's why they put my
Lyrics up under this microscope, searchin' with a fine tooth comb, its like this rope, waitin'
To choke, tightening around my throat, watching me while I write this, like I don't like this,
Nope, all I hear is, lyrics, lyrics, constant controversy, sponsors working 'round the clock, to
Try to stop my concerts early, surely hip-hop was never a problem in Harlem, only in Boston,
After it bothered the fathers of daughters starting to blossom, so now I'm catchin' the flack
From these activists when they raggin', actin' like I'm the first rapper to smack a bitch, or
Say faggot, ----, just look at me like I'm your closest pal, the posterchild, the mother----in'
Spokesman now for...

[Chorus]

So to the parents of America, I am the damager aimed at little Erica, to attack her
Character, the ringleader of this circus of worthless pawns, sent to lead the march right up to
The steps of congress, and piss on the lawns of the White House, to burn the casket and replace
It with a parental advisory sticker, to spit liquor in the faces of in this democracy of
Hypocrisy, ---- you Ms. Cheney, ---- you Tipper Gore, ---- you with the freest of speech this
Divided states of embarrassment will allow me to have, ---- you, [vocal melody],
He, hahaha, I'm just playin' America, you know I love you...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 19:07:07 |Display all floors

awesome lyrics

Originally posted by pjtran at 2007-5-17 05:53
*not only apple pie, baseball & american flag...but good o'l rock n' roll as follows by don mclean

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile.
And  ...

more good lyrics:

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
Ooh, theyre red, white and blue.
And when the band plays hail to the chief,
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, lord,

It aint me, it aint me, I aint no senators son, son.
It aint me, it aint me; I aint no fortunate one, no,

Yeah!
Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, dont they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman comes to the door,
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It aint me, it aint me, I aint no millionaires son, no.
It aint me, it aint me; I aint no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
Ooh, they send you down to war, lord,
And when you ask them, how much should we give?
Ooh, they only answer more! more! more! yoh,

It aint me, it aint me, I aint no military son, son.
It aint me, it aint me; I aint no fortunate one, one.

It aint me, it aint me, I aint no fortunate one, no no no,
It aint me, it aint me, I aint no fortunate son, no no no,
Everlasting...Creative...Inspirational

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 20:02:37 |Display all floors

I love this thread

Once there was a American guy talked to me on skype, it is amazing he can speak Chinese very fluently, if not better than me.

he said American culture  is no culture, coz all people and countris in the world are copying their culture, music, movies, food, disney, mcdonald's, everything.

So, unlike China or India or any other country, America is just a country which is losing everything.
Is it bad or good?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 21:46:42 |Display all floors

thank you for all of u

i appreciate all of you! thanks very much!
i wanna know something abt american love, what sort of love will american do. or what kinda love they would like pursue. An american guy said that he love me very much and he can do anything for me. how's attitude will they do for love?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 23:27:29 |Display all floors
Ahh, not sure if the love subject falls under culture or mentality.

Anyway, again America is very diverse in this subject, from LA, where friendships and relationships are often very casual, to the bible belt (georgia and other southern states) where familiy values, especialy in smaller towns are still relative strong.
Also it depends allot on the age group you are talking about.

Lets break it down for average age groups, but keep in mind that anybody that travels to asia from america may not be an average person.

14 to 18
Ok, this is the age many americans start dating, By dating I mean they will start having a bf or gf for periods of month to years. They ususly start becoming sexualy active in this age group, from simple petting to full intercourse. Most tend to go through 2 to 4 relationships in this time. Love is still as they percive it the ultimate and purest thing, and every time they have a bf/gf they think this is the big one, the ultimate.
18 to 25
Ussualy by this age most american boys and girls have had their heart broken once at least, (since they take as teenagers love so serious) and are a little more realistic toward it. You will ussuly find two major groups of people. One group will have a long term relationship and will marry, the other group will continiue to date and explore, not ready to settle down yet. Ussuly relationships will last longer then during their teenage years and pretty much 99% wise contains full sexual intimacy. It is almost unheard of to have a girl or boy in this age group that has not had some sexual experience in their life, many will have had full intercourse. ( i think this is different in china, somewhat)
25 to 30
Ok, here you got again two groups of people ussualy. One group that is getting married, or is still married, the other group that is divorced. Many couples that got married under the age 18 to 25 group will end up in divorce, as people outlook and goals change allot from age 20 to age 30. This causes many couples to relize they have nothing in commen and split up.
So you have by age 30 these two main groups, divorced and married, you dont have to many non divorced and non married people overall.
30 to 40
Ok, these is the age that people seem to settle down in for long term. In this age group you have ussualy either people that are still married (lucky ones) or people that have remarried, of course you will get more fresh divorced people in the mix also. But generaly it seems to be a more stable time in the americans life.
40 to 45
The reason I shorten this age, it is when the mid life crisis starts, especialy for american males. This is often when they will look at their life, relize they are not happy for whatever reason, and end up leaving, often life partners they have been with for 10 to 20 years. They traditionaly end up looking for younger partners for their next relationship.
45 to 55
This is again a relative stable time in most americans lifes. They ussuly dont get to many divorces by this time, they have found or not found the partner they wish to be with.
55 to up
People are ussuly established and again divorces are not very commen, but now you will see people departing duo to age, and may find widowers and such.

Again, remember this is only a very genral break down of age groups, and your guy may not fit the average mold.

Another part is ethnic groups, america has many different races and each is stereotyped for a certain behavier. As before, this is just a general breakdown, there are many exeptions.

Caucasion - Making up the majority of people in the USA, this group tends to have better jobs, especialy in management, they are considered average for all purposes, basicly the scale that measures all others. In general they should have ok to good education, and are financial responcible.

Hispanic - This group is known for their closer ties to familiy, Mexian and Cubans are still strong belivers in the familiy unit and I think rate much better then caucasions in this. They do on average hold less importand jobs, mostly labor oriented, and in general dont have as many college grads. They are considered passioned in their relationship and the males are ussuly the decision makers in the familiy.

African American - This is a misleading term, as most of the african americans are not really from africa, but that is the political correct term for this week i think. Anyway, on average this group does not have as many college graduates, even less then the hispanic group. They are considered very athletic and on average excell in this. African Americans do have several stigmas attached to them when it comes to relationships. First and most likley the most well known one is that African Americans have the biggest ...ahh...equpment of all reaces. From what I gathered over the years from friends that dated them, it seems to be in line. They also seem to be, as the hispanics as males the dominant decision maker in a relationship. They have a reputation of not paying as much attention to their woman, but I do not know if this is true. They do have a reputation for being players, meaning for stepping outside of their relationship easier then others, again, this is the impression in general, but may not be the fact.

Asian American - This one is a little vague, since most americans dont seem to understand the different asian cultures and tend to group all attributes of them into one. In general they are considered family oriented, and good in their studies. Overall they seem to stick with their own kind in special parts of the larger town, (china town, little saigon, and such) Overall I think the impression is that they are hard workers, and this somewhat makes the average american worker cautious of them.

European Americans - See Caucasion

Indian Americans - This is a emerging group in america that again is looked down uppon. The reason is that Indians (and similar groups) tend to stick to their own, working diligent to build a future and succeding in it. It seems pretty much every convinient store is owned by them, and this is causing some recentment for the average working american. I personaly think its the americans fault, and hold no ill feeling if another group of people works hard enough and has more then an american. They are considered loyal in their familiy matters, but do have the strange custom of aranged marriges. I cant really say nothing to this, as it seems to work for them.

Now that we have broken down major ethnic groups, we should talk about different locations in the USA

You can break america down in West Coast, South East, and North/North East, (yea, there is a center, but 80% of the usa population lives on the coast. or borders.

The west coast (mainly california) is pretty liberal, trying out new things and are ussuly the most tolerant group of people when it comes to non standard things, ranging from sexual orientation, race, religion and such.
The North East are considered average, if you can call any american that.
The South East is considered the most traditional group, but also the least tolerant to other ideas. There is still places in the south east where interracial couples, especialy black guy and white girl are considered very bad, and may actualy get in trouble. Religion is strongest in the South East, but so is also the family unit. There is of course expetions, such as the larger towns, but the smaller towns can be pretty ...ahh....non tolerant of change.

Another differents is of course towns versus villages.
Towns
Most large towns are highly tolerant of change, and the life style there is faster. Ussuly people that life in large towns tend to be less family oriented.
Villages and small towns
Small towns, and especialy villages are ussuly very tight communities. Familiy units are stronger, but also acceptance of change, such as interracial couples is lower.

As you can see, it is highly diverse, anything goes and since america seems to have many exeptions to the rule, it will be hard to put a pattern on it.

Also consider that Asian woman are considered in western eyes as very exotic and mysterious. It could easily be infatuation rather then love that grabs a western when he first comes to Asia. I remember my first time very well, I thought I came to disney land for men, Every where i turned there where so many pretty woman, one prettier then the next, all so polite, all telling me that I am handsome and making me feel desirable. Now I am what i consider average looking, but this attention i recieved was mind boggling. I felt like a king, add to the that my money was worth x 10 for most general purchases and you have a dangerous combo. A western men can easily lose his perspective in situations such as this.
But after a few more trips to China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Singapore I came to relize that part of the compliments and such are just part of the culture. I also learned to differentiate from liking someone because I desired them sexualy, and loving someone for their mind and general outlook on life.

I think this lesson should let you know that allot also depends on how often and how long the westener has been exposed to the asian culture. If you meet an american that is for the first time in china, trust me, he will promice you the world, as he is so infatuated with the whole asian thing, that he cannot think straight. If he has visited china many times, especialy if he has been for longer durations in china, then he will become a bit more realistic and also understand the customs a bit more.

Anyway, just my thoughts on it.
<< Live is the same for all, it is one great adventure with a deadly end. >>

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 02:49:34 |Display all floors
Jessie-
My advice to you in your relationship is- if you've just recently met him and he's already making big promises to you, be very cautious.  If you've been in a relationship with him for quite a while already and he's started saying things like this, that's another story.  But, like I said, if it's a new relationship, be cautious.  You don't want to get burned!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.