Views: 4413|Replies: 10

Unfairness tbetween man and woman [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-15 21:55:06 |Display all floors
It dues to the unfairness between male and female which inherits from Chinese long long history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 05:47:21 |Display all floors
the Patriarchal  society is not purely the domain of chinese history , all races from the earliest recorded accounts of man all show a similar Patriarchal bigotry .
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 06:45:32 |Display all floors
Woman in most part of the world have come a long way, when it comes to equality with men, but still, even in western society a woman on average will make less then man. Yes, there are exepttions, but in general it is so.
Woman in western countries though have legaly and socialy pretty much the same status.
In many asian countries woman still hold a much lower position in society then men. They may on paper in the law books hold the same rights, but in real live men are the more importand ones, in their eyes.
China for instance has strict restrictions when it comes to child birth. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you may have one child, unless you are in an acricultrael area (farmer) and then you may have a 2nd child, ONLY if the first child is a girl. This law by itself shows that a woman is worth less in the chinese goverments eyes as a men. Part of the problem, and this has been explaned to me by several different people, so I have no actual idea if it is correct, is that the farmers believe that they need a sohn to continiue their trade, and when they where only allowed one child, often the female baby was meet with some accident. For a westerner nowadays this is pretty increadible to believe, but I guess for economic a and traditional reasons stranger things have been done all over the world.

I personaly think equality depends allot on the attitude of the person. I have meet strong (not physical, but mentaly) woman in china, that break the mold and insert themself in private and proffesional life to equality with men, but I have also meet woman of weak mind that are absolutly submisive in western society. These are the exeptions, not the norm.
I think your best bet for wanting equality for men and woman is to be strong in your believes, and work for it. If a guy gets a better job then you because he is a guy, then work harder, untill your boss sees that you are the better choice, if he does not see it, change jobs eventualy.
In relationships, let your partner know that you have a mind, and that you have an opinion, and dont settle for a partner that will not let you grow in body and mind.

Just my advise.
<< Live is the same for all, it is one great adventure with a deadly end. >>

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 10:49:32 |Display all floors
now it is better,and even more fair in the future
don't worry,now i have the feeling sometimes female can have the previlige over male,it is just for advocating the fairness between male and female

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 11:08:36 |Display all floors
tht's true.
The world is going so everything would come to a perfect way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 12:13:10 |Display all floors

No it does not

Originally posted by tirpitz at 2007-5-16 06:45
This law by itself shows that a woman is worth less in the chinese goverments eyes as a men. ...

If you are correct, that law only shows that the Chinese government considered the traditional feelings of the farmers when it made the law. It does not mean that the government agrees with the farmers' thinking - the government only respected that, not supported it.

The government knows that the farmers prefer sons so if the first baby is a boy the law is fair to forbid that couple any more births. This law was a compromise, to give the farmers what they wanted a little more.

I think having a girl or a boy is the same, both have their good points and problem points.

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 13:57:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-5-16 12:13

If you are correct, that law only shows that the Chinese government considered the traditional feelings of the farmers when it made the law. It does not mean that the government agrees with the ...

the boy is equal like a bull's strenght to pull the ploughs...........

the girls is sewing.....
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.