Author: northwest

Western economic policy worsen poverty in the developing world? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-17 02:16:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-5-16 08:37
Western policy towards Africa, um, leaves something to be desired.

I don't think that funding genocide in Sudan, as China is doing, will help, though.

Chinese premier calls for early start of political peace talks on Darfur

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said Tuesday afternoon that the resolution on the Darfur issue is now "at a crucial moment" and he hoped relevant parties should start political peace talks as soon as possible.

Wen made the remarks in his meeting with significant participants of the African Development Bank annual meetings in Shanghai.

The international community should continue to conduct consultation with the Sudanese government on an equal footing and urges all relevant parties to start political peace talks as soon as possible, Wen said.

Wen pointed out that helping people in the Darfur region realize peaceful coexistence and embark on a development route is in conformity with the interests of the people in Sudan and Africa. It is also the basic starting point for China to deal with this issue, Wen said.

Wen reiterated that the Chinese government has always been working actively on the resolution of the Darfur issue. China has not only provided humanitarian assistance to the Darfur region, but also repeatedly sent special envoys to the region.

China has also designated a special envoy on African affairs and decided to dispatch a 275-member multifunctional engineering troops to participate in the implementation of the second phase of the Annan proposal.

The Annan proposal, put forward by then UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, is a three-phase support plan aimed at deploying a combination of African Union and UN peacekeeping force in the Darfur region.

China has maintained that the Darfur issue should be resolved through dialogue and consultation on equal footing.

1. http://english.people.com.cn/200705/15/eng20070515_374833.html
Copy code
I am Chinese and Proud of it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 05:44:40 |Display all floors
Northwest--true; that may have seemed like a leap. However, I was reading something recently about how the CCP was defending its economic aid of Sudan by saying that the root of the problems was poverty, and they were trying to solve that. Anyone can figure out, though, that the money goes right to the hands of the Khartoum government, which uses it on weapons that it uses on its people... so really no one is doing very well by Africa right now.

Anyway, back to the subject (and let's leave out the CIA for kicks, shall we?).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 12:23:56 |Display all floors

-

Many people say Africa is the cradle of civilization.... If so, what happened? They are still in the dark ages.

I see a lot of countries taking advantage of the resources but poverty is not the problem.... The rich in Africa get richer and the poor get poorer.....

Still not the problem.....

The way I see it is that Africa has failed to progress due to the fact that the country has failed to adapt to timely conditions.

Any living organism that fails to adapt will be left behind by those that can adapt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-17 22:27:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-5-17 05:44
Northwest--true; that may have seemed like a leap. However, I was reading something recently about how the CCP was defending its economic aid of Sudan by saying that the root of the problems was po ...

It's just the western media turn blind to positive deed China already did in Africa.

Hospitals, railways, clean water supply, agricultural techniques etc etc left unnoticed by western media.

WTO, IMF and World bank are not within China influence, it's the millionaire club..."who make the rules rich".
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 19:17:14 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.