Author: adolaowai

Value of virginity [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-16 22:14:38 |Display all floors
Interesting, never thought of a woman as a sack or a nest, and me as a straw (maybe chinese mans equipment is more like straw, dont know).

In think in this case I like old european reference better, the woman is the scarab for the sword.
The scarap is useless without the sword, meaning that a woman needs a man to be complete.
The sword is to dangerous without a scarap, meaning that men need woman to bring balance to their live. (remember, middle age europe was very warlike, and family, or woman where supposed to reduce the urges to kill the guy in the next province.)

Funny, first time I think I prever a european proverb to a chinese one.
<< Live is the same for all, it is one great adventure with a deadly end. >>

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 10:07:40 |Display all floors
You konw, China is influenced by the long-time feudalism.The feudal opinion is still influential because feudalism has only been abolished for more or less 100 years in China.I do indeed think there are many boys in China hope their girlfriends are virgins.
For me,I will never have premarital sex with my girlfriend - though I haven't had any - just because I don't want to destroy her future.We can't promise to get married.If we brake up finnally and she is not a virgin at all,she will be difficult to find another boyfriend.Even if she finds an ideal boyfriend after we broke up,and they love each other very much.After the boy knows she isn't a virgin,they will probablily brake up too.I don't want to destory her happiness.I hate such boys who promise to be responsible for the premarital sex.If they really want to be responsible,they shouldn't have done that in China,and how can they be responsible?Still getting married when you realize you are not fit for each other?
We can't change this situation in China,because it is a histrorical problem.
I also don't think cohabitation is a good idea.There are many ways that we can lonw each other,and cohabitation will indeed cause premarital sex.
My  girlfriend doesn't have to be a virgin when we fall in love.I just want a girl who loves me,takes care of me,and will accompany me the whole life.That's enough.

[ Last edited by xllwangmeng at 2007-5-18 10:37 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 16:23:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by adolaowai at 2007-5-13 21:05
Just curious, and what to know your opinions. I've heard so many times that (most of) chinese guys do just want to marry virgin girls, which means girls who had premarital sexual relationships cann ...

few weeks ago ,i read a piece of news on language tips about  the investigation of the sex happiness around the world .the result is that the lowest belongs to Chinese. maybe to a large extent, it is referred with Chinese traditional culture so that in this aspect most of us are conservative.so am i .

In China ,this idea is handed down over generation by generation that once the girls lose their virginity before marriage , maybe it means that in so many aspects they lose the control of their marriage . although many men are not virgin again when they are married but they always require her spouse must be. it seems that it is unequal but sometimes we have no idea .

i am a junior and live outside in a renting outside . most of ppl around me are students from our college. one of my neighbours are always making love continuously at any time .actually ,we can't stand it  so that some ppl move out . sometimes i think now we are students and we have no economical  source so that we can't give any promist to each other. if that girl doesn't  go with that boy all the way,how will she do ?

therefore, for my part ,we ,everybody ,should be responsible for ourselves ,for each other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 16:25:08 |Display all floors
Just curious, and what to know your opinions. I've heard so many times that (most of) chinese guys do just want to marry virgin girls, which means girls who had premarital sexual relationships cann ...

few weeks ago ,i read a piece of news on language tips about  the investigation of the sex happiness around the world .the result is that the lowest belongs to Chinese. maybe to a large extent, it is referred with Chinese traditional culture so that in this aspect most of us are conservative.so am i .

In China ,this idea is handed down over generation by generation that once the girls lose their virginity before marriage , maybe it means that in so many aspects they lose the control of their marriage . although many men are not virgin again when they are married but they always require her spouse must be. it seems that it is unequal but sometimes we have no idea .

i am a junior and live outside in a renting outside . most of ppl around me are students from our college. one of my neighbours are always making love continuously at any time .actually ,we can't stand it  so that some ppl move out . sometimes i think now we are students and we have no economical  source so that we can't give any promist to each other. if that girl doesn't  go with that boy all the way,how will she do ?

therefore, for my part ,we ,everybody ,should be responsible for ourselves ,for each other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 16:28:18 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 16:30:37 |Display all floors
sorry,i mistakenly send the same comment three times because it fails . so sorry and hope the admins can eliminate two of them. thank u !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 23:16:17 |Display all floors
is there any value?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.