Author: middlekingdo

The Opium Wars [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-12 13:21:02 |Display all floors

Reply #393 liuyedao's post

The Opium was was the conduct of OPIUM TRADERS + British East India Company (and a trade defisit worried England)

plus PAID collaborators that resupply the British fleet during the 1st Opium war!
and very poor quality of Manchurian Imperial rule + and lousy work of the Commissioner Lin in handling the "opium trade"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know about Wang Jin Wei was Christian?
But my mum told me, he was "tasked" by Uncle Chiang to "encourage" the Japanese to "overextend" their military.

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 13:22:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2011-4-11 23:39

Not so fast, slimy one.

Just ANSWER #396 before you PlSS off elsewhere ok?

i have addressed it already. You can't simply separate the two issues & deal only with one side because it suits your agenda.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 13:26:15 |Display all floors

Anyway, IF, Commissioner Lin was

.........really a good bureaucrat, in full support of the "foreign" Manchu rulers!

He would have
(1) Discourage sales of opium among the traders, and encourage diversification.
(2) He would have spread word, to coastal communities to prevent "resupply" of the British fleet.
(3) He should also raised a Proper army, and using "draw in" stratagem in "battling" the more modern British army + mercernary!

No.1 = reduce the volume of use!
No.2 = reduce the lenght of operation of the British fleet without supplies of food, water and firearms.
No.3 = FIGHT SMART.........VACATE cities.....let the British occupy a city and surround British troops, starved it out and win the war!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Grandmaster

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 13:30:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2011-4-11 23:33
Source? Evidence? Or is that just your fcukin imagination?

i suggest you look at http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... &extra=page%3D1 post #110.

Even liuyedao is man enough to admit that China has probelms facing it, that the government doesn't always get it right. He also discusses these issues with other Chinese on local bulletin boards.

The fact that he doesn't do it here is rather more mysterious. He won't discuss these issues in public with other Chinese in English but only on other boards in Chinese ... insisting that these Chinese here want to bash China. But wait ... if Chinese disagree with government policies in Chinese on other boards ... aren't they also China-bashers? What difference does the language make?

He also inists he has the right to respond with bashing the west. He claims he is good at it. he also claims that anyone who criticicizes China is racist and wishes her only evil. Sounds to me that with this track record that Liuyedao considers himself racist, good at being a racist and proud to declare himself being racist.

And just as we would expect ... you will follow him blindly on this path ... more racist trolling insisting everyone is out to get you (as if you represent the Chinese poeple). You are an embarrassment to the people in this country. Both of you. take your paranoia back to the 1960's please - you both belong in a different generation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 14:19:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-12 16:11:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2011-4-12 14:19
Anyone can see that you have FAILED miserably to address the issue.  Instead you stick to irrelevant details in an attempt to divert attention away from the crux of the problem.  You a ...

You asked for proof, I gave it to you.

And your answer was .... nothing except a feeble insult.

The crux of your problem is your stubborn refusal to discuss any issue, your insistence of trolling aorund the boards telling anyone you don't agree with to fcuk off, and occasionally ranting on in a paranoid state how eveyone is out to get you.

No substance at all ....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.