Author: middlekingdo

The Opium Wars [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-12 12:29:46 |Display all floors

Reply #14 mengzhi's post

awwwwww for chrissake mengzhi, will you just shut the flock up.Why should I, or anybody else, apologise for something my ancestors did, things of which I wasn't aware because I wasn't born, therefore, under no obligation to apologise for! Does The CCP apologise to Chinese folks for all the bad things that happened during the cultural revolution, I doubt it! If you hate the western powers/countries so much, move back east and then you'll have a bit more credibility rather than being able to enjoy freedoms your own countrymen/women can't enjoy. Who gives you the freedoms you now enjoy? Who allows you to live there? The very same western powers you profess to despise so grow up moron and get a grip on reality! Jeeeez! Put us out of your misery and pull the trigger to the gun you're holding to your head.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 14:16:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by middlekingdo at 11-5-2007 10:07 PM
So if I started selling marijuana in Britain to your kids and the government tries to stop it, it is not morally correct for the government is it?

I hate to use this cliche term, but no other word describes tmphgt as well as  "spin doctor"

If you go around claiming "facts" then perhaps you might expect someone to question you.

I asked you to provide more information and I also provided some links so others could go and read some more.

1) There appears to have been a demand for opium long before the Opium Wars.
2) The wars were started for specific reasons that you chose to gloss over - those reasons don't suit your agenda of course ....

Again you show yourself incapable of debate and resort to attempting to label others instead.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 14:24:22 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 12-5-2007 04:29 AM
awwwwww for chrissake mengzhi, will you just shut the flock up.

Because his sole purpose is to goad others into flame wars. He never presents facts (or links to facts) just his own patronising nonsense.

Where are the Chinese here apologising for the deaths at Morecombe Bay? When an attempt was made to discuss that topic, many of the forum members ridiculed it.

Where are the Chinese baying for an apology for what happened in Indonesia?

Of course, it is much more fun for these overseas Chinese to pick holes in the West.

Before the concept of any apology can be entertained, how about the original poster getting his facts in order rather than posting sensationalised headlines designed to provoke others.
Take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 19:15:47 |Display all floors
I happen to be the person advising middlekingdo NOT to seek an apology from the descendents of the opium war lords ! Remember ? It is all water under the bridge. The best thing for China to do from now on is to be strong and ensure that there is NO repeat of those humiliation and funny buggers. The memory of those unequal treaties and the uneven " fights " will live on etched into the psyche and memory of the Chinese for ages yet. The call is yours to make :  to reconciliate or not , is the question . Calm down fellas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 19:17:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 12-5-2007 11:15 AM
I happen to be the person advising middlekingdo NOT to seek an apology from the descendents of the opium war lords

Originally posted by mengzhi at 12-5-2007 01:59 AM
You are correct to bring this event up and to demand an apology.

Ok .. yeah .... whatever ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 19:36:54 |Display all floors
Do you have attention deficit hyperactive disorder ? I wish you would read the whole rather than a half. I started with what you have quoted : outlining the right of middlekingdo to think of demanding an apology. Then I spent half a lecture telling him that he would be wasting his time if he did ? Right or right ? I maintained that only honourable men would do things this way and I am right . How instantaneous and spontaneous it is for you to come forward and demonstrated to us that utterly dismissive and cringed guilty attitude to not even read the whole complaint. Figures.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 19:49:32 |Display all floors

Wrong ...

I read your whole post ...

It contained the usual mix of your opinion and your thinly veiled dislike for the West.

You want me to waste time digesting all of your nonsense? No way ...

When you learn to use the quote button and post links to support your "opinions" I might spend more than seconds on your scribbles.

I await evidence which supports the supposed "fact" presented at the start of the thread. At least I bothered to try to find some links to add to this "debate" ...

[ Last edited by tmphgt at 2007-5-12 11:58 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.