Author: jacky952

请问“the black sheep of the family"是啥意思 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-10 22:06:02 |Display all floors
wonderful

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 13:25:47 |Display all floors
Seasons in the Sun, eh? Yes, the Westlife version was much better than the earlier version by Terry Jacks which was a huge hit worldwide.

[ Last edited by changcheng at 2007-5-16 09:35 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-15 10:10:34 |Display all floors
but I don't understand 'it's hard to die'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-15 23:38:52 |Display all floors
but I don't understand 'it's hard to die'

Actually, the person who is singing the song is supposed to be dying of some illness (in fact, the original writer of this song did die of cancer). So he is saying goodbye to the people in his life: his "trusted friend", his girl friend, his father, etc.  

He remembers all the good times he had with his friends (we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun, ...)

He says, it's hard to die "when all the birds are singing in the sky", etc. Meaning, when life is so beautiful, it is very hard to die and leave everything. But he has no choice because of his illness, and he feels very distressed about it.

The song might make more sense to you once you have understood the context in which it is sung.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 15:25:29 |Display all floors
thank you tell us a sadness story behind the wonderful song ,Changcheng.I really appreciate you .I just known this song is originally a ads song of Korda

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 22:36:09 |Display all floors
家中的败家子

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.