Author: cobbercobber

does western easily to say 'I love you'? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-11 23:28:53 |Display all floors

Westerner do say ILU more often

than Chinese.
Nothing wrong with that. I am pretty sure when they say it, it doesn't mean I hate you.
I think it takes a lot more for traditional Chinese to say that 3 words. But it doesn't mean we Chinese love less.
Forgive my English

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 23:37:17 |Display all floors
I think Westerners may say it more casually to strangers (plus you should consider the fact that people in the fashion/beauty industry are likely to pay you compliments like that), but I hear an awful lot of Chinese people on here saying "I am so deeply in love with him/her, even though I barely know him/her"--I'd call that infatuation, not love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 12:26:26 |Display all floors
I think that's a "I love you" in a friendly way
...most people would say "oh how I love you this or that...sweetheart" or things like that...they say more often it doesn't mean they do really love you seriously or see you as their sweetheart, most of the time I see it as greetings..like good morning, or a way to express friendship, just greet back it's nothing very serious I think.

For Chinese "love" comes from heart but seldom speak out, and it's a bit unnatural to say "I love you" in chinese to ordinary people and weird to say such thing to a stranger....that's different culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 14:46:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by daotan at 2007-5-9 11:46
dont worry about it... he isnt gay... it is pretty common to say those. few of my friends say that to me too.

I cann't accept that at all.As a chinese teenager,I will think about it for a long long time before I say "i love you "to my girl.:):)
MYSPACE:
CONTACT ME      :    fly-adou@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 14:50:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by holidays at 2007-5-11 23:28
than Chinese.
Nothing wrong with that. I am pretty sure when they say it, it doesn't mean I hate you.
I think it takes a lot more for traditional Chinese to say that 3 words. But it doesn't mean  ...

HI ,if one day I meet with you and express my love to you,what would you think of it?
Would you be angry.
I AM HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU....
MYSPACE:
CONTACT ME      :    fly-adou@hotmail.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 21:36:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cobbercobber at 2007-5-9 11:34
I got my hair cut in few days ago. A man in my school joked with me about my hair, he said that my hair style is very popular in Chinese, every man will love me ,and he loves me. I know that is jok ...

i dont think he loves you, not with your unplural, unimaginitive English skills, how would there be communication

as for "traditional" chinese, i dont think its down to being Chinese, really old people English people are the same, never say "i love you", those were the days, when what the husband and father said went and he was head of the household and the woman actually looked after the house and kids

how id love to turn back the clock!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 22:04:54 |Display all floors

it doesn't cost anything...

howdy, frankie & widehorse--yes, i'm not from where you're from but my intention to my lovely lady is real & genuine & regardless how long i have known her for...but the main ingredient & chemistry are there for her to feel & judge me by whenever i'm with her (too bad we couldn't be with each other ev'ryday...gosh i wish she can be with me now at this movement).  as long as it's not negative...i'm not afraid to say it out loud to her...she says i'm so special & in a positive different ways...you see, she digs my STYLE so far & i have more for her to digest.  again, hoping you both understand me...i'm what i am & i love my woman.  xoxo  peter

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.