Author: thinkk

what's your religion? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-14 21:38:40 |Display all floors

Religon

Originally posted by thinkk at 2007-5-6 02:48
China is considered to be a country of no religion.
but,  there are also small groups of religious people here among this vast population.
I found that in southern China, for example, ...

When it comes to religion, I find that most, if not all, religions have:

1)  A belief in a creator of the universe, i.e. God, Allah, Yahweh, Jehovah, Great Spirit, etc.

2)  An ethic of reciprocity or "The Golden Rule", i.e.  "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

3)  A history of human politics and/or customs that are used to seperate themselves from other competing religions and/or the rest of the human population and put clauses on the "Golden Rule"

I have have faith in the first two items, but have abadoned the third - God should never be used as an excuse for human actions.

TraderVic
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-15 05:59:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-5-7 02:43

It is called the Microsoft Network (MSN)!

:)

dead on
3243.gif

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2007-5-15 18:59:04 |Display all floors

Christian Orthodox

I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-15 19:45:31 |Display all floors
For me,I believe in Buddism very much.And I really benefit a lot.Especially  Zen.The thoughts in Zen are so wonderful!They are really life philosophy.I swear I'm not kidding!And I don't sermonize either.I really wish everyone a good life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 08:46:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by john_vh at 2007-5-12 17:34
I agree. I don't think it really matters what religion you believe in. My parents are religious. Christian. And they have this feeling of ease. Live a good, honest life and afterwards the goodness  ...

I have the same feeling!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 11:00:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-5-11 13:53
A well educated rich man was travelling and he met a man who was walking up the mountain

the man was old and dressed in rags, he looked very poor, and he was carrying a load of sticks on his ben ...

Frankly,I still can't understand The implied meaning of this story clearlly!

[ Last edited by baichangming at 2007-5-16 11:01 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-18 20:44:47 |Display all floors
I have no religions and I believe myself.I think everything I've done by effort,whatever the result is,is enough.I don't believe Gods,but I believe there are indeed some stories of the Gods which can encourage us to achieve.I respect all people who have religions and I hope all of us have a happy life!
Follow your own course, and let people talk.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.