Author: thinkk

what's your religion? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-10 23:24:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thinkk at 6-5-2007 08:48
China is considered to be a country of no religion.
but,  there are also small groups of religious people here among this vast population.
I found that in southern China, for example, ...

I don't have any religion. But I do believe in some of the 'philosophies' from Buddhism and Taoism, and of course some Confucianism I'm from the Guangdong area.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-10 23:36:40 |Display all floors
In the last two Australian national censuses, I classified my religion as "Jedi", as did thousands of other Australians. Anyone know of any Chinese Jedi?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 13:53:58 |Display all floors

An old story (very old)

A well educated rich man was travelling and he met a man who was walking up the mountain

the man was old and dressed in rags, he looked very poor, and he was carrying a load of sticks on his bent back

The well educated man asked the poor old man

"What is your religion?"

The old man did not answer but he took the pile of  sticks from his back and put them on the path

then he said "Turn to gold"

and the sticks all turned to pure, solid gold

The educated man was amazed by this and he said "Can you turn them back again?"

The old man said "Yes" and all the gold turned back to wooden sticks again

The old man put the sticks back onto his back and started to walk up the mountain again.

The educated man shouted to the old man as he walked away

"You fool! You are so poor but if you had left one stick as gold you could have sold it for enough money to live comfortably!"

The old man turned around and said

"If I thought the same way as you do, then they would never have become gold in the first place"

The educated man did not understand this answer to his first question

:)
"We know it's weakness, but the weakness is so strong!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-11 14:03:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by pandamonium at 2007-5-11 13:53
A well educated rich man was travelling and he met a man who was walking up the mountain

the man was old and dressed in rags, he looked very poor, and he was carrying a load of sticks on his ben ...

nice to hear this story..

thank you,panda
***always to be yourself***

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-12 17:34:32 |Display all floors

Reply #12 ghost156's post

I agree. I don't think it really matters what religion you believe in. My parents are religious. Christian. And they have this feeling of ease. Live a good, honest life and afterwards the goodness will continue. What a reassuring thing to believe in! But I cannot bring myself to accept their beliefs. And then when I am in trouble or feel helpless, I feel so empty, so lost. I feel it is foolishness to believe in such things as religion but yet I envy the peole that are able to believe in it and have this reassurance of something to rely on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 15:45:03 |Display all floors
Christianity.
since when i was a litter girl

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 16:27:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.