Author: whitney16

Have you pierced ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-4 22:06:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kristint at 2007-5-4 21:31
I wouldn't do it myself now, either.  I've become too much of a weenie!  : )
Also, the guy who pierced us was totally set up for it.  Everything was sterile and it was done in seconds.
When I did ...

seems you are crazy for piercing.but i cant understand.does piercing make any difference with none?more unique or beautiful or just to show characteristic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 22:08:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mira_mio at 2007-5-4 20:18
NOOOOOOOO WAAAAAYY spook.... now you scare me.

oh,the pic above will freak you out

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 23:20:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ghost156 at 2007-5-4 22:06

seems you are crazy for piercing.but i cant understand.does piercing make any difference with none?more unique or beautiful or just to show characteristic.

Here, most older people (like my parent's age) aren't into piercing.  Well, piercing beyond earrings, I mean.  Everyone has earrings.  Some people even pierce their babies ears (I don't!).  
But among younger people piercing is fairly common.  Lots of people have more common piercings like belly buttons and noses (and earrings for men).  Some people go past that and do eyebrows, lips, and beyond!
Yes, I think people feel unique, although the more people do it the less unique it is, I guess!  
And I personally think that nose rings are pretty.  My husband says it's sexy! ; )
It's all part of what makes a person look like an individual- their clothes, hairstyle, and, yes, piercings and tattoos.
Part of it for me was not wanting people to think that they could peg me as a certain type of person.  I'm 27, married, have four kids, we have our own house.  Most people would think of me as a certain type of person.  I suppose my wearing a nose ring is my way of saying, "Don't think you've got me all figured out!"  Of course, when I got mine I wasn't thinking that.  I was just thinking that it was pretty and I wished I'd never gotten rid of mine in high school.
So I'm gathering that piercing is not so common in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 23:24:48 |Display all floors

Poncho's picture

Oh, my word.  That is scary!  Definately more piercings than I would want!  OUCH!
I didn't show the picture to my kids...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 23:43:35 |Display all floors

upgraded!

I just noticed I've been promoted to "Primary Member"!  Woohoo!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-5 03:02:16 |Display all floors
I don't have piercings yet and I guess won't have  any :) Somehow it's disgusting to imagine my body to be pierced though I have nothing against if somebody want to get his/her own body pierced.
Waiting for summer :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-5 05:37:52 |Display all floors
I have one hole in each ear, but I've only had them for about a year and a half. Shortly after I turned 18, I got my bellybutton pierced, but after a couple months I got tired of cleaning it every day, so I had it taken out. I think if I was going to pierce anything else, I'd get a small nose stud, but I don't really have any desire to do that at this time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.