Author: gemina1010

does silm equals to beautiful, fat equals to ugly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-12 20:54:40 |Display all floors

honestly speaking, I once agreed to that!

But now, I think it is completely wrong!!!

some fat people look lovely and cute, just like marshmallow.......maybe they don't fit into the definition of beauty, but they're not ugly at all!!!!!

Being slim probably follows the trend of modern beauty, but as far as i see, many slim people don't look that nice. They are not healthy in the appearances, and some skinnies i just worry about them being knocked off their feet in the wind..........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-13 23:08:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gemina1010 at 4-5-2007 04:54
I:)n mordern times,  most of people regard    being slim as being beautiful, so woman crazy about going on diet,  I want to say that,  to some extent ,fat  also can means beatiful,  such as in tang ...

Depends on what degree of slimness. If I were to choose between someone who is fatter than average or thinner than average, it would have to be the first (fatter). I speak as a 20s male! :) So please girls don't turn yourself into skeletons - it's much better to have slightly oversized possessions, trust me!

[ Last edited by obbyto at 2007-5-13 03:09 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-13 23:55:53 |Display all floors
How do we define obesity and overweight?

The prevalence of overweight and obesity is commonly assessed by using body mass index (BMI), defined as the weight in kilograms divided by the square of the height in metres (kg/m2 ). A BMI over 25 kg/m2 is defined as overweight, and a BMI of over 30 kg/m2 as obese. These markers provide common benchmarks for assessment, but the risks of disease in all populations can increase progressively from lower BMI levels.

Adult mean BMI levels of 22-23 kg/m2 are found in Africa and Asia, while levels of 25-27 kg/m2 are prevalent across North America, Europe, and in some Latin American, North African and Pacific Island countries. BMI increases amongst middle-aged elderly people, who are at the greatest risk of health complications. In countries undergoing nutrition transition, overnutrition often co-exists with undernutrition. People with a BMI below 18.5 kg/m2 tend to be underweight.

The distribution of BMI is shifting upwards in many populations. And recent studies have shown that people who were undernourished in early life and then become obese in adulthood, tend to develop conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes at an earlier age and in more severe form than those who were never undernourished.

~http://www.who.int/dietphysicala ... esity/en/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 10:38:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-5-13 23:55
How do we define obesity and overweight?

The prevalence of overweight and obesity is commonly assessed by using body mass index (BMI), defined as the weight in kilograms divided by the square of ...

i read from a study by doctors at University of Alabama,Birgmingham,UK that FATness link to A GENE inherited by 60% of Europeans..........

so this co-relates to the survey 66% Aussies being fat/Obese....
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-14 15:42:57 |Display all floors
i don't agree with it
i think you as yourself is more beautiful !
different peple have different opinion about the beauty so every one all should
have confidence about  themselves

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-15 16:03:09 |Display all floors

Write something

I think heathy is the most  important.You will be happy whatever you are fat or not! Just control your life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-15 16:09:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by facebaby at 2007-5-15 16:03
I think heathy is the most  important.You will be happy whatever you are fat or not! Just control your life!

Need to control Meat & seafood intake

otherwise too fat with cholestrol

inside the blood........  
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.