Author: zhangxinyue

Let's share some good articles 分享好文章<Translation> [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-3 20:42:47 |Display all floors
9.Xiao Ming swallowed a small bath soap by accident, his mother called the family doctor for help in a hurry. The doctor  said : "I still have a few patients and may come your home half an hour later. "Xiao Ming's mother asked :"What can i do Before you come? "the doctor answers :" Give Xiaoming a glass of water to drink, then let him jump forcibly,you can kill time as Xiaoming blowing bubbles. "   -- Since it has already happened, why not face it frankly?It would not be better to be Worried than be calm, it would be better to be happy than to be nervous.
小明洗澡时不小心吞下一小块肥皂,他的妈妈慌慌张张地打电话给家庭医生求助。医生说:“我现在还有几个病人在,可能要半小时后才能赶过去。”小明妈妈说:“在你来之前,我该做什么?”医生说:“给小明喝一杯白开水,然后用力跳一跳,你就可以让小明用嘴巴吹泡泡消磨时间了。”
——事情既然已经发生了,何不坦然自在地面对。担心不如宽心,穷紧张不如穷开心。

10.A father and his son saw a very luxurious imported cars. The son disdained it and said to his father : "A person sitting in this kind of car should be the one without knowledge  "Father casually replied :"A person who said like this should be the one who has no money in his pocket! "  
  Do your views on the matter really reflect the attitude of your heart?   父子二人看到一辆十分豪华的进口轿车。儿子不屑地对他的父亲说:“坐这种车的人,肚子里一定没有学问!”父亲则轻描淡写地回答:“说这种话的人,口袋里一定没有钱!”   ——你对事情的看法,是不是也反映出你内心真正的态度?       
11.After dinner, A mother and her daughter are washing dishes and bowls together as the father and the son are watching television in the living room. Suddenly, a sound of breaking dishes comes from the kitchen, and then is quiet. the son sees his father and says : "it should be mother who broke it. "" How do you know it? "" She did not scold . "   -- We are accustomed to viewing others and ourselves with different standards, which often is responsible for people to strike, you own a relief.
晚饭后,母亲和女儿一块儿洗碗盘,父亲和儿子在客厅看电视。突然,厨房里传来打破盘子的响声,然后一片沉寂。儿子望着他父亲,说道:“一定是妈妈打破的。”“你怎么知道?”“她没有骂人。”   ——我们习惯以不同的标准来看人看己,以致往往是责人以严,待己以宽。         
12.There are two Taiwan tours to travel Izu Peninsula in Japan,and the road is very bad , potholes are everywhere. A tour guide said repeatedly that the this kind of road was just like pock. Another one depicted the scene to the tourists : "We are going on the road which is well-known and called Izu charming dimple road. "   -- Although it is the same situation, different ideas, however, will have  different attitudes. What's amazing is, how to think, the right of decision is in your hand.
有两个台湾观光团到日本伊豆半岛旅游,路况很坏,到处都是坑洞。一位导游连声说路面简直像麻子一样。而另一个导游却诗意盎然地对游客说:“我们现在走的正是赫赫有名的伊豆迷人酒窝大道。”   ——虽是同样的情况,然而不同的意念,就会产生不同的态度。思想是何等奇妙的事,如何去想,决定权在你。   
13.The same third grade students, their future wishes are to be clowns. Chinese teacher will  describe as : "beyond ambition, the young men are not worthy to be taught! "Foreign teachers will say :" I hope you can bring laughter to the whole world! "   As an elder -- we will not only require more than encouraging, but narrowly define the definition of success.
  同样是小学三年级的学生,他们将来的志愿同是当小丑。中国老师斥之为:“胸无大志,孺子不可教也!”外国老师则会说:“愿你把欢笑带给全世界!”   ——身为长辈的我们,不但要求多于鼓励,更以狭窄界定了成功的定义。       
14.A wife is cooking in the kitchen .Her husband has been effusive by her side: "slowly and carefully! Fire is too flaming. Fish turn over as quickly as possible and put too much oil! "His wife blurted out :" I know how to sauce. "My husband calmly replied :" I just let you know, you twitters and how my feeling is when i drive the car......"   -- Learning to consider others is not difficult, if you are willing to seriously look at problems that issues from the other's views and position.  
妻子正在厨房炒菜。丈夫在她旁边一直唠叨不停:“慢些、小心!火太大了。赶快把鱼翻过来、油放太多了!”妻子脱口而出:“我懂得怎样炒菜。”丈夫平静地答道:“我只是要让你知道,我在开车时,你在旁边喋喋不休,我的感觉如何……”   ——学会体谅他人并不困难,只要你愿意认真地站在对方的角度和立场看问题。     
15.A bus full of passengers is advancing rapidly along the downhill path , one mas behind the bus  is catching up with it tightly . A passenger from the windows of the bus put out his head and said to the man who is going after the bus : "Brother! Let it be,you can't catch it up! "" I have to catch up with it, "this person is wheezing to said :" I am the driver of the vehicle! "   -- Some people must take things seriously,otherwise, it  will be very tragic consequences! But for this that you have to do your level best , and the potential instinct and unknown nature can be fully displayed at last.
一辆载满乘客的公共汽车沿着下坡路快速前进着,有一个人在后面紧紧追赶着这辆车子。一个乘客从车窗中伸出头来对追车子的人说:“老兄!算啦,你追不上的!”“我必须追上它,”这人气喘吁吁地说:“我是这辆车的司机!”   ——有些人必须非常认真努力,因为不这样的话,后果就十分悲惨了!然而也正因为必须全力以赴,潜在的本能和不为人知的特质终将充分展现出来.

[ Last edited by zhangxinyue at 2007-7-13 04:29 PM ]
景5.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 20:43:43 |Display all floors
 16.体谅(consideration)
   The wife is cooking in the kitchen.Her husband is always talking the hind leg off a donkey by her side:“Slower.take care!The fire is too flaming.Hurry up to loop the loop.Scoop it up quickly, there is too much oil!Make tofu flat.Ouch,the pot is askew. ”
“Shut up,please!”,the wife bolts out,“I know how to cook.”
“Of course ,you know.”the husband answeres calmly:“I just want to let you know how I feel when you are always harping on as I am driving the car .”
(Notice:It is not very diffiuclt to learn to allow for other people as long as you would like to see the problems by standing on the angles and position of the other side.)
注释:1.talk the hind leg off a donkey: 唠叨不停;2. loop the loop:翻个儿
3.scoop up:铲起;                         4. askew:歪斜的
5.bolt out:脱口而出                           6.harp on:喋喋不休
7. allow for:体谅                              8. angle:角度
中文:妻子正在厨房炒菜。丈夫在她旁边一直唠叨不停:慢些。小心!火太大了。 赶快把鱼翻过来。快铲起来,油放太多了!把豆腐整平一下。哎唷,锅子歪了!」
   「请你住口!」妻子脱口而出,「我懂得怎样炒菜。」
   你当然懂,太太,」丈夫平静地答道:
   「我只是要让你知道,我在开车时,你在旁边喋喋不休,我的感觉如何。」
   (注:学会体谅他人并不困难,只要你愿意认真地站在对方的角度和立场看问题。)
                                            17: a rose
Parking the car in front of a florist's,a gentleman planned to order a bunch of flowers and asked the salepeople to send them to his mother who was faraway in the hometown.
As the gentleman was about to walk into the store , he found a little girl sitting on the road crying,he walked to her and stayed in front of her and asked:"Kid,why are you sitting here to cry?"
" I want to buy a rose and give it to my  mother, but my money is not enough." The child said.The gentleman felt heartache after he heard that.
" Get it  …… "and then the gentleman held  the little girl's hand and walked into the florist's,first he ordered the nosegays which were sent to his mother,then bought a rose for the little girl.Coming out of the florist's, the gentleman suggested to drive her to go back home.
" Do you really send me to go home?"
" Certainly!"
" That you send me to go to see my mother .But,uncle, the place that my mother lives in is far from here."
"If I know it early,i won't carry you." The gentleman said jokingly.
The gentleman drove along according to the  little girl's words,after coming out the downtown road, driving forward along the the wandering course of the hill ,they arrived at the cemetery unexpectedly.The Little girl put the flower by the side of a new grave, she walked a long way in order to offer a rose to her mother who was dead a month ago.After sending back the little girl,the gentleman returned the florist's.He canceled the order to send the nosegay to his mother, but changed to buy a major bunch of fresh flowers and went straight to mother's ,although the ride took about five hours, he wanted to give the flowers to his mother himself.
--  --  --- Holding a  grand funeral for the deceased is not as good as fulfiling the filial piety when the one is alive.
一朵玫瑰花
有位绅士在花店门口停了车,他打算向花店订一束花,请他们送去给远在故乡的母亲。
绅士正要走进店门时,发现有个小女孩坐在路上哭,绅士走到小女孩面前问她说:
「孩子,为什么坐在这里哭?」
「我想买一朵玫瑰花送给妈妈,可是我的钱不够。」孩子说。绅士听了感到心疼。
「这样啊……」于是绅士牵著小女孩的手走进花店,先订了要送给母亲的花束,然后给小女孩买了一朵玫瑰花。走出花店时绅士向小女孩提议,要开车送她回家。
「真的要送我回家吗?」
「当然啊!」
「那你送我去妈妈那里好了。可是叔叔,我妈妈住的地方,离这里很远。」
「早知道就不载你了。」绅士开玩笑地说。
绅士照小女孩说的一直开了过去,没想到走出市区大马路之后,随著蜿蜒山路前行,竟然来到了墓园。小女孩把花放在一座新坟旁边,她为了给一个月前刚过世的母 亲,献上一朵玫瑰花,而走了一大段远路。 绅士将小女孩送回家中,然后再度折返花店。他取消了要寄给母亲的花束,而改买了一大束鲜花,直奔离这里有五小时车程的母亲家中,他要亲自将花献给妈妈。
-------为逝者举行盛大丧礼,不如在他在世时,善尽孝心。

18.钥匙(a key)
a firm and big lock is hung on the door.Using its tremendous effort ,a pontil can’t prize it up. A key comes and its thin and small body infixes the lockhole,only turns lightly once,the lock is open with a sound of poop.
The pontil askes oddly:“Why couldn’t I open it with so much strength?but you could do it in a walk ?”
The key answers:“Because I comprehend his heart best.”
(a heart of a person is just like a door which is locked,whatever any thicker pontil can’t prize it up.Only solicitude,it can turned itself into an exquisite key,enters the heart and understands the person. )
注释: 1.tremendous effort:九牛二虎之力;2.pontil:铁杆,铁棒
3.prize up:撬开;                   4.infix:钻进
5.oddly:奇怪地                      6. in a walk:轻而易举地
7. solicitude:关怀                   8. exquisite: 细腻的
中文:一把坚实的大锁挂在大门上,一根铁杆费了九牛二虎之力,还是无法将它撬开。
   钥匙来了,他瘦小的身子钻进锁孔,只轻轻一转,大锁就“啪“地一声打开了。
   铁杆奇怪地问:“为什么我费了那么大力气也打不开,而你却轻而易举地就把它打开
  了呢?“
   钥匙说:“因为我最了解他的心。“
   (每个人的心,都像上了锁的大门,任你再粗的铁棒也撬不开。
   唯有关怀,才能把自己变成一只细腻的钥匙,进入别人的心中,了解别人。

19.choice抉 择
A peasant saved his wife from the flood,but his child drowned.
Afterwards people talked about that thing.Someone said what his did was right,because he and his wife could have another child , and his wife could not revive if she was dead.Someone said what he did was wrong,for he could marry another woman,and his child could not revive if the child died.
I heard the people’s discussion,I also doubted:If I can only save one person,whom should I save on earth,the wife or the child?
And then I went to visit that peasant and asked him what he thought at that moment.
He answered:“I thought nothing.When the flood came,my wife was by the side of me,so I caught her and swam to the nearby sidehill.When I returned,my child was already swept away by the flood.”
On the way home,I pondered the peasant’s words and said to myself: A few choices of the so-called life are thusness .
注释: 1. drown:淹死              2. revive:复活
3. sidehill:山坡              4.sweep away:冲走
5. ponder:仔细考虑,琢磨     6. thusness:如此

一个农民从洪水中救起了他的妻子,他的孩子却被淹死了。
  事后,人们议论纷纷。有的说他做得对,因为孩子可以再生一个,妻子却不能死而复活。有的说他做错了,因为妻子可以另娶一个,孩子却不能死而复活。
  我听了人们的议论,也感到疑惑难决:如果只能救活一人,究竟应该救妻子呢,还是救孩子?
  于是我去拜访那个农民,问他当时是怎么想的。
  他答道:“我什么也没想。洪水袭来,妻子在我身边,我抓住她就往附近的山坡游。
  当我返回时,孩子已经被洪水冲走了。”
  归途上,我琢磨着农民的话,对自己说:所谓人生的抉择不少便是如此。

[ Last edited by zhangxinyue at 2007-7-13 04:29 PM ]
景6.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-3 20:44:28 |Display all floors
20.It isn’t like what you image并不是你想象中那样
Two angles who were traveling went to a rich family to ask for lodging for a night.The family were not friendly to them and refused them to sleep on the comfortable guest room,and they found a corner of a icy basement for them. When they were making the bed,the older angle discovered that there was a hole on the wall ,and he mended it in passing.The younger angle asked the reason,the older one answered:“Something is not like what it looks like.”
The next night,these two angles came to a very poor farmhouse and asked for lodging again.The host couple treated them enthusiastically,and brought the little food that they only had to entertain them,and then they offered their bed to the two angles.The early morning of the next day,the two angles found the peasnat and his wife were crying,the only source of their life—a milch cow died.The younger angle was very angry ,he queried the older one why it became like this,the first family had everything,the older angle still helped them mend the hole on the wall,althought the second family was so poor ,they entertained them enthusiastically ,at last the older angle didn’t hold back the cow’s death.
“Something is not like what it looks like.”the older angle answered,
“When we spent the night in the basement,I saw there were full of gold bullions in the wall from the hole.Because the host was puzzled by his greed,and didn’t want to share his treasure,so I filled in the hole.Last night, the king of terrors came to call up his wife,I let his cow replace her.Thus something isn’t like what it looks like.”
Sometimes,the appearance of a thing is not like what it should actually be like.If you have the faith,you only need to believe that you will gain if you pay out.Maybe you haven’t found it out ,until later……  
注释: 1. ask for lodging:借宿      2. basement:地下室      
3. in passing:顺便,顺手      4. enthusiastically:热心地,热情地
5. entertain:款待,招待       6. source:来源
7. milch cow:奶牛             8. query:质问,询问
9. gold bullion:金块            10. greed:贪欲,贪婪
11. the king of terrors:死神
中文:
    两个旅行中的天使到一个富有的家庭借宿。这家人对他们并不友好,并且拒绝让他们在舒适的客人卧室过夜,而是在冰冷的地下室给他们找了一个角落。当他们铺床时,较老的天使发现墙上有一个洞,就顺手把它修补好了。年轻的天使问为什么,老天使答到:“有些事并不象它看上去那样。”
  第二晚,两人又到了一个非常贫穷的农家借宿。主人夫妇俩对他们非常热情,把仅有的一点点食物拿出来款待客人,然后又让出自己的床铺给两个天使。第二天一早,两个天使发现农夫和他的妻子在哭泣,他们唯一的生活来源——一头奶牛死了。年轻的天使非常愤怒,他质问老天使为什么会这样,第一个家庭什么都有,老天使还帮助他们修补墙洞,第二个家庭尽管如此贫穷还是热情款待客人,而老天使却没有阻止奶牛的死亡。
  “有些事并不象它看上去那样。”老天使答道,“当我们在地下室过夜时,我从墙洞看到墙里面堆满了金块。因为主人被贪欲所迷惑,不愿意分享他的财富,所以我把墙洞填上了。昨天晚上,死亡之神来召唤农夫的妻子,我让奶牛代替了她。所以有些事并不象它看上去那样。”
  有些时候事情的表面并不是它实际应该的样子。如果你有信念,你只需要坚信付出总会得到回报。你可能不会发现,直到后来……

21.The heart of loving others
This is a true story which happened in England.
An alone old man ,had no sons or daughters and was valetudinarian.He decided to move to the resthome.The old man announced that he would sell his beautiful residence.The purchasers thronged to come after they heard about it.  The base price of the housed was eighty thousand pounds,but the people soon speculated it up to be one hundred thousand pounds.The price still became higher and higher.The old man sat in the sofa,his eyes were full of melancholy
注释:1   valetudinarian:有病的,虚弱的;体弱多病的人;2. resthome:养老院,疗养院
3. purchaser:买方,购买者                       4. throng:蜂拥,群集
5.base price:底价                               6. speculate:做投机买卖
7. melancholy:忧郁
          爱人之心
    这是发生在英国的一个真实故事。
  有位孤独的老人,无儿无女,又体弱多病。他决定搬到养老院去。老人宣布出售他漂亮的住宅。购买者闻讯蜂拥而至。住宅底价8万英镑,但人们很快就将它炒到了10万英镑。价钱还在不断攀升。老人深陷在沙发里,满目忧郁,是的,要不是健康情形不行,他是不会卖掉这栋陪他度过大半生的住宅的。
  一个衣着朴素的青年来到老人眼前,弯下腰,低声说:“先生,我也好想买这栋住宅,可我只有1万英镑。可是,如果您把住宅卖给我,我保证会让您依旧生活在这里,和我一起喝茶,读报,散步,天天都快快乐乐的——相信我,我会用整颗心来照顾您!”
  老人颔首微笑,把住宅以1万英镑的价钱卖给了他。

祝您快乐!天天好心情!
          Best wishes to you and enjoy yourselves!
                                                                                           -------张馨月

未经允许,严禁翻印,严禁转载!
          Without permission, no piracy, no reprinted !

[ Last edited by zhangxinyue at 2007-7-13 04:30 PM ]
景7.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-7 19:21:21 |Display all floors
good articles
no pain,no gain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-7 22:43:08 |Display all floors
o god! they all masterpieces:'(

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-9 23:27:27 |Display all floors

Tired of reading all

You are the best.

But I am a little tired of much readings.

i will find one day to look and read above carefully and wholly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-22 09:39:17 |Display all floors
I like such kinds of articles,so I collect and translate them,I hope we can

be encouraged and they can be good for us to purse breakthroughts in

our life after reading them,let's work hard, get to another summit in our

careers and live more happilier!

[ Last edited by zhangxinyue at 2007-6-26 06:38 PM ]
My blog:http://i.cn.yahoo.com/zhangxinyue.2008

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.