Author: bearlatvia

Help me understand Chinese Woman [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-4 08:45:20 |Display all floors
i mean, if he has brought her here, he should take responsibilities. he should of thought about those factors before he brought her here. so what if it is once a week. if relationships are based on sex, then its not a relationship. if he cares more about sex than feelings and sentimental values, why not just pay for sex off the street. it is just messed up to bring someone from like 5000 miles away and then sent her back.
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 10:42:01 |Display all floors

Dotan...

just because he brought her here should he commit to a life of  misery?
I was married for 15 years and then got divorced... I got married because she was prego... we broke up but then got the surprise... we decided to live together for a while... the we decided to get married... we made it work 15 years... and had 4 kids... but in the end it just didn't work...  I say don't go into it unless you are sure it is a good thing for both of you... take her feelings into consideration... ask her if she is happy...  if she is then fine.. if you are OK too ... but don't perpetuate a dysfunctional relationship..  it's not kind to her or you...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 10:56:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bearlatvia at 2007-5-2 06:17
3 Weeks ago I came back to the US with a Shanghai girl -- I have known her for 2 years - now that she is here I have 2 months to make up my mind to Marry her -- She was an English School Teacher -- ...

hoo,you are in trouble ,man.some are unpredictable.take care.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 10:59:30 |Display all floors
well, it's not a big problem if she didnt have to travel half the globe.
well, your case and his is different. the girl is willing to leave everything and come to state... it is really embarassing if she gets "kicked" back to china after coming here for like a month. personally, if i were him... i'd let her become a legal resident so she can stay in us and save the embarassment. if i remember correctly, it is really embarassing for a chinese female to leave everything behind, follow a guy and gets kicked back. to bring someone 5000 miles and kick them back after a month seems really messed up. i think we ought to consider how the girl would feel, no?
In college alone and I am loving it. ^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 11:42:25 |Display all floors
i think maybe she is sexless. it will be a big problem for your marriage.
by the way , she can't represent all Chinese women. you'd better change your topic to " help me understand my fiancee"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 11:49:20 |Display all floors

I would say...

That Dotan is correct... he did bring her 1/2 way around the globe...  they should defiantly stay together whatever they feel is not important... happiness isn't important...  

If she wants to stay....Maybe he could just marry her her to keep her here... then she could start a new life... this isn't a bad arrangement as long as they both know the ground rules....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-4 13:14:48 |Display all floors

My two cents.....

I would try it the other way round. Live in CHina first...if it works then go the US.

In any case, just take care of yourself.....

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.