Views: 4222|Replies: 8

400 Chinese school children poisoned [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-1 06:14:43 |Display all floors
Beijing - more than 400 school children were hospitalised in China after their classrooms were refurbished with paint containing dangerous levels of a cancer causing substance, the children from Shalingzhen school in Liaoning province , started complaining about nausea and dizziness early last week.
Xinhua news agency.

How are the children? has this paint been used in any other schools ?
There are no Ugly women , only those with low self esteem .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 06:21:03 |Display all floors
This reminds me... in the last 3-4 weeks, there were multiple instances of en masse food poisoning going on around China--schools, factories, etc. I think the officials eventually surmised that a bad batch of mushrooms was to blame. I don't think any deaths were reported.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 06:22:45 |Display all floors
well I certainly hope the little tackers are ok :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 11:36:55 |Display all floors
The officials in charge of this affair should be shot, no questions asked.  

POISONING YOUNG CHINESE CHILDREN?  Evicting farmers from their lands is bad enough, but poisoning children is simply horrendous.
"When I am White, I win because I'm White.  When I'm Black, I win because I am Bogoljubow."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 13:01:44 |Display all floors
I wonder if they have used the same painting contractor in other places like government offices or worse hospitals   here if you bring any chemicals at all onto a school site you have to provide an MSDS sheet for every chemical you have , that way you have emergency information handy in case of an accidental spill, fire, or if people are affected by the fumes as these poor kids were.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 13:48:04 |Display all floors
The officials in charge of this affair should be shot, no questions asked.  

woah, easy there hardliner. it may not have been intentional as you assume. in my opinion, questions should be asked, and the issue should be thoroughly investigated before deciding to pop a cap on anyone.
"Be the change you want to see in the World." - Gandhi

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 13:53:09 |Display all floors
it would be interesting to find out what chemicals were in the paint ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.