Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 10:50:41 |Display all floors
we never forget the history, never

www.businessgiftware.biz
[url=http://www.businessgiftware.biz]Business Giftware[/url]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 11:19:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-4-30 10:28
Oh, whampy, don't worry, I can understand why a former comfort woman would be full of rage and hatred. However, I don't understand why people who have not experienced such things and who have maybe ...

have you heard of grandmothers stories???

of grandfather stories???

these were told to us by our ancestors the sufferings.........

eg . stomach pumped with soap water & later a soldier will jump on top of it,

fingers clenshed with sticks betweew them, ........
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 11:44:46 |Display all floors
History just makes us clever not foolish .we need to know the truths not for hatred and revenge . what we need to do is to prevent  the similar tragedies from happening again .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 13:35:48 |Display all floors

Oh Sickmonkey!

Originally posted by sockmonkey at 2007-4-30 10:28
Oh, whampy, don't worry, I can understand why a former comfort woman would be full of rage and hatred. However, I don't understand why people who have not experienced such things and who have maybe never even met a Japanese person would be so full of intolerance. I've met a lot of Jewish people, and they don't all hate the Germans with the blind passion I see of the Chinese towards the Japanese.

By the way, my mom died a few weeks ago of her cancer (lymphoma, not breast/ovarian like you suggested). Still want to laugh at me? Or maybe you should put yourself in my shoes...  ...

Sickmonkey is unable to understand the human feelings of morality and justice!
Do we really need to personally suffer injustice in order to feel for others?
Do we not personally feel outraged when we hear of these horrific war crimes committed against the poor innocent ordinary folks during WWII? It really doesn't really matter whether they're Chinese or Jewish, we really do feel for them, don't we?
These Japanese war crimes are crimes against HUMANITY, not just crimes agains the Chinese!!! Any normal human with a conscience will indeed feel outraged by these war crimes and hope that such crimes will never be repeated against anyone, be that to Chinese , Jewish or any other races.
Or are you people so racist as to think that whatever war crimes that were committed against Chinese are to be regarded as lesser crimes and does not deserve much mentions or should be forgotten altogether.
Or worse, some may indeed gloat over the suffering of the Chinese people and wish that  these vicious war crimes be repeated on the Chinese!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 13:58:21 |Display all floors
On Dec. 27th 1937, Jinan, capital of Shangdong Province, was seized by the Japanese invasion army. From then till the Japanese surrender in 1945, the invaders opened 127 brothels, enjailed 171 Chinese 373 Korean girls as comforting women. According to local historical materials, in some of the “clubs”, the comforting women were raped 20 to 30 times a day. They were abused and led a hard live, having two meals a day and frequently insulted.
In some dailies by the Japanese soldiers, there were some details. Usually in the brothels, the small rooms were divided by folding screens, without doors. And in each room, there laid 3 beds. The soldiers paid each time, but it was rather cheap comparing with their salary. Often there were long queue waiting outside the brothels.
In fact, the brothels were considered as a military facility by the invaders, it was part of the invasion. It is a crime committed under the consent of the Japanese government and the military department.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-1 05:40:50 |Display all floors

to #26

I don't see why or how lack of hatred for one group makes me a bad person. I think the crimes committed by the Japanese during the WW2 era were atrocious and I would hope to never see such things occurring during my lifetime. I think Japan needs to revise their textbooks to properly reveal what actually happened during those times, and I think monetary retribution for comfort women and forced laborers is overdue.

I also think that the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were terrible things, and I hope we never see similar events. I think it's a horrible day when any people undergo undue suffering.

But I don't hate the Japanese because I realize some things: 1) the people who committed those crimes are mostly dead by now; 2) an entire nation is not responsible for the crimes of some of its members; 3) hatred and narrow-mindedness don't heal wounds, and 4) many Japanese people today either aren't properly informed about that section of history (not their fault) or are informed and feel awful that their countrymen partook in those acts. So why continue to hate them? There's no point. I understand the residual anger towards the Japanese government, but direct your anger at the government and not at all Japanese people, who likely have nothing to do with what their government says/does.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.