请教各位,外包中的发包方和承接方怎么表述清楚。 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-25 22:17:52 |Display all floors
发包方 = Employer

接受外包任务的承接方 = Contractor

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-26 10:27:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by waibeijing at 2007-4-25 01:05 AM
delighted to be disagreeing with JL for once!

Workout, 我同意,在这里outsourcing company refers to 提供外包服务的公司,比如INFOSYS, TCS, WIPRO, 等等。

But I also agree with JL that logically it should be the other way around - but it isn't!  ...

I am always delighted to be able to learn something new, but not when that something is so illogical.   Not willing to surrender completely, I would choose to use "outsourcing service provider" whenever possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 12:08:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2007-4-26 10:27

Not willing to surrender completely, I would choose to use "outsourcing service pr ...

Ofcourse! I agree with you completely (again. sigh). If there is a choice, Outsourcing service provider makes the meaning much clearer.

I was only trying to say that in this (imperfect) world, one often comes across references to "outsourcing company", where the writer is refering to the company providing the service. Some start off with "Business Process outsourcing and IT services company" and shorten it to outsourcing company. My point was only that the reader should be aware which party is being referred to.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-26 12:15:53 |Display all floors
Originally posted by waibeijing at 2007-4-25 11:08 PM

I was only trying to say that in this (imperfect) world ...

"Suntan lotion", which we discussed a few days ago, is another such example.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 12:28:56 |Display all floors
Yes, I agree.

Ideally Bill Gates would be written as "比乐”and Nepal would be '尼泊乐' or even '内巴乐'(which would be the closest to the original)
Or even Nehru - logically it should be ”尼赫如"   not "尼赫鲁“ (since the original is Nehru not Nehlu", thus saving a lot of bother for foreigners!

Anyway, even economist in its April 5th edition says "http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=8956676
IBM has already struck some big deals, notably buying Daksh, an Indian outsourcing company, in 2004."

Or New York Times, Nov 2005 “Not long ago, Sierra Atlantic, an outsourcing company specializing in writing business software, did something unusual. It invited employees at its Hyderabad unit to bring their spouses to work.” (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/1 ... 627340&ei=5070)

(But I still agree with you!)
:)

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-26 12:59:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by waibeijing at 2007-4-25 11:28 PM
Ideally Bill Gates would be written as "比乐”and Nepal would be '尼泊乐' or even '内巴乐'(which would be the closest to the original)
Or even Nehru - logically it should be  ...

None of those is as bad as 福尔摩斯 for (Sherlock) Holmes -- I can quite confidently say that it doesn't sound right in any Chinese dialect!

As to outsourcing companies, it was this website (3757 Outsourcing Companies) that convinced me that my cause was a lost one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 13:10:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jl2315 at 2007-4-26 12:59

None of those is as bad as 福尔摩斯 for (Sherlock) Holmes -- I can quite confidently say that it doesn't sound right in any Chinese dialect!

Thats a really really good one!
:)

But I like 罗宾汉,with its bow to 好汉。Some are really interesting. Anyway, I 've gone completely off topic now, so this discussion had better end!

[ Last edited by waibeijing at 2007-4-26 01:14 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.