Author: clearwater

account for [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-25 19:57:14 |Display all floors
想来想去,还是用“解释”更好。

how your analysis will account for the missing data so results remain meaningful,
在你写的分析中,如何去向别人解释那些丢失了的数据,才能让最终结果仍有意义?
Collins有一个类似的句子,竟然上次没发现。

If you can account for something, you can explain it or give the necessary information about it.
           How do you account for the company's alarmingly high staff turnover?.
            He said only 200 of the train's 600 passengers had been accounted for.
        PHR-V  
        = explain

理解:估计是如何在报告中用文字或数据说明,这样阅读的人知道有数据丢失,但还是会相信统计的结果的有效性。

[ Last edited by hly1234 at 2007-4-25 07:59 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 20:44:28 |Display all floors
The analysis is not done by human, nor is it done on paper. It is done by BI software, and when there is a problem, the software makes instant decision based on predefined rules. That's why "chuli" is good.

Originally posted by hly1234 at 2007-4-25 19:57
想来想去,还是用“解释”更好。

how your analysis will account for the missing data so results remain meaningful,
在你写的分析中,如何去向别人解释那些丢失了的数据,才能让最终结果仍有意义?
Coll ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 21:04:44 |Display all floors
I see, thanks.
I think it means "how your analysis will deal with  the missing data so results remain meaningful".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 22:18:45 |Display all floors

My Try

对这些错误的数据(即缺失的数据)如何处理,以使得出的结果准确

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.