Author: dragongirl77

China Got Train Technology From Foreigners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-19 13:12:05 |Display all floors

Reply #14 pandamonium's post

We want to sell cars but discourage wide spread "unproductive" use....
especially when it is over congested!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 13:16:43 |Display all floors

IN FACT, ONE OF MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM WAS REMOVED BY CHINA DAILY COPS

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 13:27:37 |Display all floors

Reply #16 dragongirl77's post

You are not very nice, Mr. Dragongal!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 14:33:48 |Display all floors

reply dragongirl77 , you havn't seen the big changes around the nation

Originally posted by dragongirl77 at 2007-4-19 13:11
fatdragon wrote:  "This is a country that Chinese people can be proud of and give them 10 to 20 years and they will replace the US as top dog. They are going places fast and, in many areas,

yes you pointed out some truths and the problems now existing in China , but you have to admit that our country has made great progress for sure . and nearly every Chinese living in the country could feel the changes of their lives .
what now we are trying to improve is the weak points during the development ,and you should also see the bright side when you are too biased against communism and China .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 14:35:47 |Display all floors
Reply to dragongirl77:

Yes, I am possibly an idiot. But I do try and present balanced arguements... and politely. BTW, did no one tell you that using capital letters in your post is consider shouting on the internet. Not only is it considered rude but, more importantly it is more difficult to read.

I would also ask the question as to whether you have any genuine experience of China or are you just surfing rubbish websites.

I did not claim that China is perfect because it isn't. But it's far better than it is frequently portrayed to be.

But let me take some of your points and make similar comparrisons with the UK.

''CHINA IS TILL A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY''

Not sure what the dictionary definition of 3rd world is but come and see a Chinese city, look at the shops with their fashion outlets that are the equal of and sometimes better than anything in the UK. Look at the cars the drive. Look at the hospitals everywhere you go. You can see a Doctor or a Dentist in 10 minutes and get your operation scheduled for a week or two's time. Yes, parts of China are not as developed as they might be. But China is a very diverse nation and a nation that is rapidly evolving.

''THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY''

I guess the people who have been commited for trial for corruption and professional negligence doesn't count then?

I guess that people in the UK don't feel that Blair is laughing in their face when they provide evidence of corruption for him to ignore. And did they ever pay VAT on the two lots of Chinese pearls that Mrs Blair acquired in China?

''LOOK AT THE TIANANMEN MASSACRE''

And I guess innocent people do not get killed by Police in the UK?

IF YOU DEMONSTRATE AGAINST THE GOV'T...........YOU GO TO JAIL

In the UK they just ignore your message.  But they might beat you up if you cause serious trouble and they can arrest you for ''Breach of the Peace'', ''Insulting Behaviour'' and a few other things that can land you in jail if they are in a bad mood.

''AND YOU THINK COMMUNISM IS GOOD''

I don't care what you chose to call it but it looks like a capitalist society to me. However, I like the abscence of constant lying and bickering that goes on under so called Democratic Societies. Now I am sure that all this political infighting goes on in China. But it goes on behind closed doors so quite a refreshing change.

Everwhere I look in China there is massive development taking place at increadible speed. You could almost go to the supermarket and get lost on the way home because the landmarks have changed. I find the speed at which the infrastructure is being developed to be awe inspiring. New roads everywhere - not just built for today - they are bulding for tomorrow.

''YOU ARE ARROGANT''

Probably. But I always accept that someone else might be correct so maybe not that arrogant.

''YOU ARE......., LIBERAL''

Now that is funny. I am accused of being someone who believes in individual political freedom favouring moderate social reform (Oxford Dictionary). And you use the word like an insult. I think you've just reversed your own arguement.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 14:47:46 |Display all floors
dragongirl77 wrote:

''IN FACT, ONE OF MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM WAS REMOVED BY CHINA DAILY COPS''

I am astounded.

Most of us complain about the anti Anglo posts that aren't removed.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 15:00:10 |Display all floors
pandamonium wrote:

''May I mention trains''

You may indeed panda. Are you reading this Irishinuk (Wales)?

May I mention the Dome or the hospitals or the dentists?  Naa, I'll stop there because I'll start to sound like Chang.

Where are you Chang - this is one for you! Come and defend China.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.