Author: freakyqi

chinese name for my friend... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-5-15 00:14:16 |Display all floors

Flying Dragon

I was wondering about this also. During one of my business trips to Taiwan, the company CEO that I dealt with presented me with a Signature Stamp set, as I understand it the stamps represent a chinese name.
He named me Fey Long, I am sure I am spelling the phonetic part wrong. It is supposed to mean Flying Dragon, the reason for this was, I was enforcing the company rules and policies across the globe, thereby I was a person of authority and I spend my time flying (traveling).
I was wondering, would this possibly be a valid chinese name, something a westerner could live with, or should I look for something else.

Thanks
<< Live is the same for all, it is one great adventure with a deadly end. >>

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-15 19:17:35 |Display all floors
Flying Dragon.....飛龍 "fei long" umm...this name is cool, sounds a bit like fantasy name though...but the characters look nice in traditional Chinese....

If you want make it a bit more like Chinese...you could put a family name in front of it--like "your family name"+ fei long, you could choose a partial tone of your original family name.

or you can aslo reverse the two characters...龍飛 -- long fei (dragon flying)---this name sounds very chinese...because "long" is a chinese family name...

*is addicted to names now*

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-16 05:30:27 |Display all floors

诚顺??

For the meaning of Truth, I like '诚' better. As of another meaning, could we change it with another one like luck or something as I don't think most chinese parents would name their boys like that as it sounds a little sissy from a chinese point of view. But maybe I am wrong again here as have not been a parent before.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-5-19 16:32:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-4-18 14:20
My friend, a MAN, is looking for a chinese name.
I won't even tell you his english name, because he already knows the phonetic usual translation and does not like it. He wants a name that's more l ...

have you seen the movie,King Gong?金刚,i think it's really a good name for a guy,it shows strength,love,loyalism.absolutely,it really looks like a chinese name.surname is  jin/金/gold,first name is gang/刚/strong.so it's perfect name for a guy.

btw,it's really a good movie,i am moved though it never happen in real life.
Let it be...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.