Views: 9803|Replies: 10

chinese name for my friend... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-18 14:20:44 |Display all floors
My friend, a MAN, is looking for a chinese name.
I won't even tell you his english name, because he already knows the phonetic usual translation and does not like it. He wants a name that's more like a real chinese name, and has the meaning of Truth, or Beloved. That's what his english name would mean. Like me, he wants the meaning, not the sound.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 18:59:57 |Display all floors

宝诚 bao3 cheng2 or 宝真 bao3 zhen1

bao - is like a treasure. If you are somebody's bao bei, you are the beloved.
cheng - Honesty/openness which in a roundabout way means truth
zhen - truth .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-26 13:29:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-4-18 14:20
My friend, a MAN, is looking for a chinese name.
I won't even tell you his english name, because he already knows the phonetic usual translation and does not like it. He wants a name that's more l ...

Wld suggest Ter Tao like know enlightment as Truth in Zen......

Something in line like Liu Ter Hua Andy,Famous Singer from Hong Kong.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 13:21:55 |Display all floors
宝 is a good one, but this name remind people of jia bao yu--the guy in the dreams of A Dream of Red Mansions...I'd say he remind people of a talented but a bit gayish, delicate guy...宝 would remind people of a girl...and it's a bit...like name in the past...not very suitable for a man nowadays...I think

诚(chéng) is a normal name most guy use...挚(zhì) means truth and sincere...理(lǐ) could mean truth and aslo a normal name, 实(shí) is another normal name means truth  

a simply name with partial tone as "诚实" is normal---like 陈实...a typical guy's name

mm...I suggest "惠诚"(huì chéng) ----kindness, love and sincere/truth
traditional chinese ---惠誠

惠(huì) here doesn't mean benefit, but means "love"...you could find that explaination in 《尔雅》("Er Ya") this chinese dictionary(chapter one)---"怜、惠,爱也" it has other meanings of kindness....perhaps not a perfect one...I'll keep on thinking about some more...:)

[ Last edited by superkylin at 2007-4-27 01:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 14:13:54 |Display all floors
If he is the oldest son, you call him 伯X, second son, 仲X, third son, 叔X.

This is very Chinese, and you just need to replace X with the character you like.

For example: 伯冉, 仲景, 叔昂.

Actually Chinese names are so diversified, you just need to remember: A good name should be easy to pronounce and impress others, and try to avoid the similar pronounciation with the bad meanings.

Of course he probably needs a Chinese family name as well, that would make his name a real Chinese name. If his family name is Simith, it could be 施 or 史 in Chinese. and so on.

Good luck, Freaky.

[ Last edited by kissvampire at 2007-4-27 03:20 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-27 22:28:24 |Display all floors

Then 惠真 (Hui4 Zhen1)

inspired by superkilyn :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-30 14:08:17 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hooiluangoh at 2007-4-27 22:28
inspired by superkilyn :)

this usually seems for female.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.