Author: voice_cd

Is your payment proportional to workload?  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-16 23:08:19 |Display all floors
If I was doing my exact same job in the US I'd want more money for it, because I couldn't live very well on this salary there. But I understand I'm in china, and things are cheaper, and most people in my position don't make very much money, so I accept less pay than if I was in the US. I am told that compared to average chinese people I have a lot of money. Even if I try to live 'normally' (I don't buy expensive clothes or eat at expensive restaurants) it still costs more for me to live than it does for chinese people simply because I'm white and I don't get chinese working-people prices for rent & things.

I wouldn't be able to accept much less pay unless
- I could pay chinese prices for rent and everything else I buy and
- I didn't have a son back in the US to think about and
- I didn't have to save for returning there.

At my pay, in the US I'd be way below poverty level and not able to afford rent & bills, etc. Here I can easily pay my rent and bills, eat out now & then, buy small nice things if I want to (a new shirt, DVD, etc, without worrying too much).
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 16:48:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2007-4-16 23:08
If I was doing my exact same job in the US I'd want more money for it, because I couldn't live very well on this salary there. But I understand I'm in china, and things are cheaper, and most people ...

what you said is really a fact!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 21:34:12 |Display all floors

How to say

I knew that a lot of my colleague have had their salays increased, but I don't know how did they make it, we do the same work!

I want to have my wage level improved too, but what should i say to my boss, and how to say about it without any embarrass?
The spring is breathing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 08:45:04 |Display all floors
i think there is no need to say anything, the boss will ensure the increase of the salary of  you when times come.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-20 10:26:47 |Display all floors
I feel bored. I just came into this company on 30,Mar.. I don't like to work any more. I like to have my own business,maybe a shop or a company. Just something I can do for myself. But I don't have enough capital to start this plan. I think maybe years later when I accumulate enough fund, I can start it. Now I have to work here with a low salary.

When can my dreams come true? I'm so sad ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 02:01:42 |Display all floors
Mostly,wages,depend on the quality not  quantity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 11:14:25 |Display all floors

Survey result

演示文稿1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.