Author: yungchieh

Another example of Italian Racism against Chinese people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-24 20:53:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by northwest at 2007-4-24 21:19
? When I ever made such statements? You have the habit of putting the words in opponetns mouth when you're speechless?

Wasn't it was amongst all that sh!t you wrote about Muslims bombing us for the invasion of Iraq (before Iraq was actually invaded) ?
There was also something about how the Chinese were welcomed with open arms in countries around the world.
Now we do welcome our Chinese migrants here in Australia but some other places, sadly, do not seem so welcoming.

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-4-24 10:55 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 21:20:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-4-24 20:53
Wasn't it was amongst all that sh!t you wrote about Muslims bombing us for the invasion of Iraq (before Iraq was actually invaded) ?
There was also something about how the Chinese were welcomed with open arms in countries around the world.
Now we do welcome our Chinese migrants here in Australia but some other places, sadly, do not seem so welcoming.

First you wrote I ever claimed western countries disliked everywhere.
Then you post about how Chinese workers attacked.
You claim Chinese migrants do not welcomed in other places thereafter.(?)

Why don't you make clear of your brain before making another silly statement here?

I said that you're not a lovable entity because of your hostility toward other civilization! Those who attacked you are from this civilization.

Chinese workers attacked and suffers prejudice overseas simply because simpler matters of economic reason or social gap.

You have difficulties to differ between these two?
师夷长技以制夷

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 02:28:04 |Display all floors
Northwest...I see and I realize that I may have come off harshly. I do not make apologies for criminals, but my point was not about crimes. It was about regular people/police reactions to regular disturbances that can turn into larger problems.
After being told so many times that if I don't like somme little thing here...to leave!...I just find it immensely interesting that stance taken. Nothing personal, and I'm sorry if I seemed a bit bitter.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-28 02:23:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chuzhi at 18-4-2007 22:48

The opinion I made because I know Italians well, they've some of the most despicable people in Europe one has ever seen, I was even warned by some Anglos not to mess about with Italians.

If ...

Originally posted by greendragon at 19-4-2007 04:55
Hey Joe!

Do you know Italian, Polish and Irish are the most "despise" pale-white or brown-white tribes in Europe!
and "there is also a pecking order in Europe"....

wake u ...

I think this is a nice place to increase relations between countries, cultures, people expecially in this crucial age for China and the rest of the world because of the deep changes in economy, society and so on. But it's always sad to read things like these ones about most  "despicable people".
If some Chinese here don't follow the rules I don't think they're despicable, I don't talk about the despicable Chinese tribe. I just think discussion and no-prejudices opinions is the best and desirable way to solve problems.

Yes Chinese corporations are putting a lot of pressure on several Italian companies in some of our traditional industrial sectors. But the economy is doing fine right now, the unemployment is 17 years low and several industries have changed their business to deal with the increased global competion. China is an opportunity, not a threat and is becoming one of our most important export market. So trade and cooperations work for these too countries. Keep up the good work.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-28 10:04:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by stracchino at 2007-4-28 04:23
But it's always sad to read things like these ones about most  "despicable people".
If some Chinese here don't follow the rules I don't think they're despicable, I don't talk about the despicable Chinese tribe. I just think discussion and no-prejudices opinions is the best and desirable way to solve problems....

G'day & buon giorno stracchino.

You speak common sense here.
Decent civilised people like us know that the unruly behaviour of a few merchants in Milano, who do not obey parking restrictions, do not represent all people of the same ethnic background.

We also know that any alleged over-reaction by Italian law enforcement (if proved to be true) does not represent all the good people of bella Italia.

Unfortunately there are some racists and xenophobes here who positively need to portray a culture of victimhood. This means that they can explain away the failures of past authoritarian or inept domestic leadership by blaming any economic or intellectual shortcomings on the "gweilo" who allegedly look down upon or exploit their people. This is a deliberate tactic to make the foreigner, the laowei, the common adversary (be it economic, political or cultural) to encourage unity behind the leadership of an authoritarian regime  which fears domestic dissent or opposition.

The self righteous squealing by a small  group of noisy racists here, slandering the good people of Italy, is just their reaction to the realisation that elsewhere in the world, Chinese migrants are treated the same as everyone else and need to obey the laws and regulations of the country in which they have chosen to live.
It's the same here in Australia, and the overwhelming majority of our Chinese-Australian population are decent law abiding people.  For the occasional few who break the law here, they are subject to the justice system like anyone else, and we do not hear the rest of our Chinese-Australian community complaining of racism, nor should we.

Don't worry about the noisy whingers who slander Italy in this forum, stracchino, they are just simpletons who have nothing better to do.

Ciao
JB
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-17 02:18:22 |Display all floors

The information is not correct.

Chinese taxpayers, wrong information:
80%  of chinese in Italy are illegally in italy and don't pay taxes.
Big chinese company do business selling products that don't meet european laws, the worse thing is that the workers are poor chinese people that the chinese mafia took in Italy as slaves,
This poor people have to whork many years to pay their trip to Italy to the chinese mafia, they work 15 hours a day and the company don't pay theyr health insurance, because they're illegally in italy.
Chinatown is wrong as much as little Italy, culture shoud integrate in the country where they go to live in.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.