Author: yungchieh

Another example of Italian Racism against Chinese people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-20 19:22:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-4-20 12:14
...but Mr. Yungchieh, I believe the problem lies "deeper" that "traffic rules" that "sabotage chinatown".

It's got to do with "insecurity of the Italian people ...

Good Point, this is a only a significant first step.
Thank you for your input.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-21 08:14:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by yungchieh at 2007-4-20 21:17
No "PREGNANT" woman was cited anywhere, another example that you are living in your own world.

You appear to be accusing me of lying of making something up. This is a slur on my good name, and now having proven you wrong, I am owed an apology.

http://english.cri.cn/2947/2007/04/13/176@215815.htm
Related: China Hopes Italy to Resolve Police-Chinese Clash Fairly

Italian police clashed with Chinese merchants over traffic control in Milan's busy Chinatown Thursday, with several people injured on both sides, witnesses reported.

Hundreds of Chinese merchants staged a protest in the Via Paolo Sarpi area after police fined a pregnant Chinese woman over the use of a barrow to deliver goods.

There appears to be no mention of the "pregnant woman" or indeed the "woman with toddler" in the follow up news reports. I wonder if the woman being beaten story was a lie told by the protesters, or to the protesters to get them angry?

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-4-21 10:16 AM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-21 09:01:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-4-20 09:21
It is also good to see the precedent being set by the Chinese Consulate in Milan, where the Chinese Government officials apparently recognise that they are able to assist Italy deal with an internal Italian "problem" regarding Italian laws and Italian citizens or migrants to Italy.

The flip side of this input, commentary and opinions offered by Chinese government officers on what would otherwise be an Italian domestic issue, is that the Chinese government obviously now recognises the importance of international assistance to various countries and their domestic legal and political problems.  

Having set this good example over this issue in Milan, I would now expect that China will be welcoming foreign assistance in solving issues such as Tibet, the treatment of FLG members and the issue of Taiwan.

Well done, China !  

Maybe I spoke too soon.
Reports on BBC website indicate that a Canadian citizen has been arrested and jailed in China.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6574517.stm
Canada has condemned the authorities in China for sentencing a Canadian Uighur rights activist to life imprisonment.
Huseyincan Celil was jailed for crimes of "splitting the motherland" and participating in terrorist groups, according to China's state media.
Celil left the area in the 1990s and arrived in Canada as a political refugee in 2001. He was given Canadian citizenship, although this has never been recognised by China.

According to his wife, Kamila Telendibaeva, he was arrested in Uzbekistan in May 2006 and deported to China, where he was taken into custody.
Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said: "The case of Huseyincan Celil is an internal affair, and Canada has no right to interfere."

So this seems a little bit hypocritical.
China feels it is right in interfering in an issue of domestic law in Italy which affects former Chinese citizens, which Canada is not allowed to protect the rights of one of its own citizens in China !!

How can this be so?

JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-21 16:57:08 |Display all floors
Yeah, they basically strong armed a Canadian citizen out of Uzbekistan to show their displeasure over us not breaking our own laws and just handing over Lai Changxing to face the firing squad in this kangaroo court system that is prevalent.
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-21 17:22:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tekvicious at 2007-4-21 18:57
Yeah, they basically strong armed a Canadian citizen out of Uzbekistan to show their displeasure over us not breaking our own laws and just handing over Lai Changxing to face the firing squad in this kangaroo court system that is prevalent. ...

Yeah, and I wonder about the justification for China to interfere in an internal issue in Italy, yet tell Canada to mind their own business about China's "internal affair" where they've jailed a Canadian citizen.

There's a certain amount of hypocrisy there, one thinks.

I am sure that Mengzhi, Northwest or Chunderama will come up with some excuse here, once they've formulated a strategy which ignores as many facts as possible and accepts propaganda as gospel.

It will be an entertaining read I am sure.

JB

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-22 17:34:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-4-21 19:22
I am sure that Mengzhi, Northwest or Chunderama will come up with some excuse here, once they've formulated a strategy which ignores as many facts as possible and accepts propaganda as gospel.

Ooh, it's gonna be a good one.
They've been going at it for 24 hours !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-22 22:32:37 |Display all floors

So What You're Saying Is . . .

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
It's the only way they can compete!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.