Author: yungchieh

Another example of Italian Racism against Chinese people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-17 13:56:59 |Display all floors
The latest wave of Chinese emigrants(from 1978, 2 million Chinese have migrated from China, legally as well as illegally)are not your usual keep their heads down fortune cookies peddling papasan/mamasan types.  In the various countries where they end up settling in , they consider themselves still part of China.  Reference to some of the other pics from the riot, the Five Stars were everywhere in evidence.  The riot police were not so much roughening up unruly elements; they re disrespecting the great Chinese Nation.  When you consider yourself part of something destined for greatness, you re less likely to be too much concerned about pissant traffic regulations and zoning laws of your nominal and meddlesome hosts.

[ Last edited by diaboloist at 2007-4-17 02:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-17 14:11:02 |Display all floors
The Chinese will have preferred the Burmese to the Eyeties, all things considered.  The Burmese would rather jail one of their own for writing about Chinese exploitations than do anything to upset the Chinese.

In Burma, Chinese businessmen are known as Pythons, also the title of the works by Nyi Pu Lay , the jailed author.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 05:48:45 |Display all floors

Emu

Originally posted by emucentral at 2007-4-17 06:37

Chuzhi,
You make yourself appear even worse than those whom you accuse of racism.
The facts of this incident are not fully explained, and there are reports which indicate the protesters start ...

The opinion I made because I know Italians well, they've some of the most despicable people in Europe one has ever seen, I was even warned by some Anglos not to mess about with Italians.

If you're in Italy, you'll hear them telling you they're proud to be racist. If you're a white species, then you have no rights to tell me I don't know what an experience of being the victim of racism, because most racist situation are caused by Caucasians. Surely you can't complain of racism if you both are of same race.

So your remarks made you more stupid that you already appear so. Read up widely, not just those BBC craps.

The facts are they were shouting for their commercial rights and against police brutality but the police handled them by force, you can see for yourself, even the non-police are holding the traders, seemed like the Italians and their police conspired to target on the Chinese traders. According to them, the police had been harassing them for over 2 months and even confiscated their goods. This was not an independent case. I read English, Chinese & Italian news, and  you?

[ Last edited by chuzhi at 2007-4-19 05:53 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 11:55:21 |Display all floors

Reply #24 chuzhi's post

Hey Joe!

Do you know Italian, Polish and Irish are the most "despise" pale-white or brown-white tribes in Europe!
and "there is also a pecking order in Europe"....

wake up!

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 11:59:56 |Display all floors
I am a European, and can assure you that no such "pecking order" exists in the EU. Of course, people from poorer countries are often less well off, but I can tell you for sure that there is very little snobbery. I've worked in businesses with a Irish-English-Australian-Polish mix, and none of us treated each other differently based on the "status" of our countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 12:09:18 |Display all floors

Reply #26 irishinuk's post

Yeah rite.....

so, where did all those jokes about the Polishman and Irishman came from?

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-19 16:56:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-4-19 14:09
Yeah rite.....
so, where did all those jokes about the Polishman and Irishman came from?

It is said that many "Irish Jokes" are invented by the Irish themselves.

I believe that's because the Irish have a rather well developed sense of humour.

You should also be aware that there are many "Englishman" jokes, and "Australian" jokes.

This "pecking order" snobbery thing of which you speak is a very outdated concept, not to mention being largely against anti-discrimination laws.

When I get a chance I will post a couple of these jokes here.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.