Author: yungchieh

Another example of Italian Racism against Chinese people [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-13 17:32:09 |Display all floors

Disgraceful!!

In this day and age, such racial hatred is unthinkable! Westerners, why hate the Chinese? Don't you people have conscience?
Aren't you hypocritical when you preach the Chinese, and yet you people are guilty of serious racial hate crimes!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 08:56:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by correction at 2007-4-13 19:32
In this day and age, such racial hatred is unthinkable! Westerners, why hate the Chinese? Don't you people have conscience?
Aren't you hypocritical when you preach the Chinese, and yet you people are guilty of serious racial hate crimes!  ...

It's not yet established that it was a racial attack. It appears that these business owners (who happen to have Chinese ethnicity) are not happy about being fined for ignoring traffic rules which apply to everyone else.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 09:40:19 |Display all floors
I will not condone the Italians behaviour at all. It's totally inappropriate.

Before you tar and feather them though, think about how the Chinese would react if some Africans started demonstrating? Hell, it wasn't long ago that Africans were kicked out for dating some Chinese girls at a University.

So the Italians aren't the nicest people...
Answer is the same as all the racists on CD tell me. "If you don't like how we treat you, leave!"
"Finch...stay away from that Ficus! That's a jizz-free Ficus."- Steve Stiffler

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-14 14:10:10 |Display all floors
tekvicious wrote:

''I will not condone the Italians behaviour at all.''

But it is not unpredictable behaviour. The Italian police are not novices when it comes to aplying excessive force in the face of civil unrest. But I question the racist conclusion and wonder if there have been protests lodged at diplomatic level?
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-15 22:02:27 |Display all floors
There's no racism in what happened. The fact is that the woman has been fined because of breaking trading rules and she has assaulted the police officer. The Chinese community is welcome in Milan like any other communities of foreign workers (there're a lot of immigrants here) but it has to follow the rules that all the other usually follow. That's the point and that's what the Chinese ambassador is saying too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 13:23:33 |Display all floors

I don't think such problems occur in other European cities...

...not in Amsterdam, London or Paris.

It's got to "business rivalry".........the Italians "felt directly threatened"...
somewhat like the Amerikans were "threaten" by the "super efficient" chinese rail road builders of yesteryears!
which resulted in all "kind of discriminating practises" in the United States!

The Chinese people in Milan or Italy got to adjust to "reality" to gain "better acceptance".....
It would be "fun to watch"..

Green Dragon

[ Last edited by greendragon at 2007-4-16 01:24 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 17:29:17 |Display all floors
It's not business rivalry, believe me. There're not so many Chinese in the town. But if there's an official rule you have to follow that rule, Italian, Chinese, Albanian or Peruvian.  And of course if you're a  policeman too.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.