Views: 6380|Replies: 12

Do you say no to plastic bags? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-11 13:20:25 |Display all floors
Has anybody watched Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" ?

Do you think if we don't do something  we will soon be like those drowning polar bears who can't find a suitable place to land their feet?

So you say no to plastic bags when you visit the local supermarket?

Do you bring your own shopping bag?

Does your local supermarket say no to you when you ask for a plastic bag?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 13:35:54 |Display all floors
I bring my own bag when I know I am going shopping. But sometimes I stop at a store on my way home from somewhere, and I have no bag. If I buy one or two small things, I just put them in my purse or carry them in my hand. But if I buy a few things, I use their plastic bags.

In the US it is common to have paper bags as an option. Some say paper is also a huge strain on the environment though.

The best option is to bring our own reusable bags.

The thing I hate most is the produce department. I don't WANT a separate bag for each item, with a sticker on each bag. They could all fit in one bag, and put all 4-5 stickers on the one bag!
I could bring my own small produce bags too, but again, that's if I know in advance I'm going shopping.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 13:53:16 |Display all floors
It's not only the supermarkets. Anything you buy that can be put in a plastic bag will be by the considerate salesperson.  Environmental insensitivity is an enormous trend easier to precipitate than arrest. Resolute and sweeping measures are called for to slow down the destruction we bring to nature, maybe one plastic bag at a time:)
Dream on!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 16:08:40 |Display all floors
I often brings my bags to shop.
I always reuse the plastic bags many times before it's used for garbage bag.
The problem is that I have to dispose home garbage in a bag.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 17:16:19 |Display all floors
I say yes to plastic bags because they cut down many trees for paper bags,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 20:00:50 |Display all floors
I have watched Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth.
It shocks me so deeply.
If we do not take measure to solve these problem in near future,  maybe we will live a rather bad life.
I try to say no to plastic bags....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-18 22:27:35 |Display all floors
No, I will not say no to plastic bags, because till now there is no other recyclable material or other substitute can replace it. I can only do my best to decrease the quantity of the bags what I used in daily life, I can't assure I will not use it again. In nowadays, maybe nobody can say no to plastic bags even the executives of environment.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.