Author: desperado123

CPC plus KMT could prevent Taiwan independence [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-11 14:47:53 |Display all floors

reply to the taidu element "writevince"

CCP Has democracy system:   that the Party's top leader, CCP general secretary, can only hold on to a 2-term two 5-year tenure.   that the Prime Minister (premiership) can only hold on to a 2-term two 5-year tenure.  

Though the top leaders are not directly elected by the general public, they are chosen through an inner bidding system, to select the most bright and determined ( to uphold China's interests) as China's leaders.  Though the leaders may not be the most articulate, like Tony Blair or Bill Clinton, they are certainly the most clever heads. They have the quality of honesty, wisdom and courage to lead.

Sure, you won't see chest-beating, fist-welding, shoes-flying, face-slashing, vote-buying scenes in China.

[ Last edited by chinadaily at 2007-4-11 02:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 15:47:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-4-11 16:47
CCP Has democracy system:   that the Party's top leader, CCP general secretary, can only hold on to a 2-term two 5-year tenure.   that the Prime Minister (premiership) can only hold on to a 2-term two 5-year tenure.  

That in itself is not "democracy", limiting leaders to a period of tenure. I don't take issue with the method of selection of the top leadership, what's important is how those who select the leaders are themselves elected by the people.

Originally posted by desperado123 at 2007-4-9 19:28
Hu Jintao , general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee congratulates the new-elected  Chinese kuomingtang party Chariman .  This show the mainland  wants to cooperate with the biggest party  now in Taiwan . ...
     Could it be possible that the two parties join together to prevent the independence of the ruling party in Taiwan . Maybe the "president-election' is a good chance to prove this guess .  ...

Again we come back the the original post by desperado.
He quotes some report where the CCP chiefs apparently congratulate the KMT chairman and appears to indicate that the CCP and the KMT can work together for a common cause.

Can anyone offer a reasonable explanation as to why, considering this cooperation between CCP and KMT, we cannot see the mainland Chinese people given a choice of KMT candidates at an election?

I don't mind what explanation anyone gives, I am simply interested in understanding the logic or the reasoning of anyone's thoughts on this.

I realise that for a small number of people this question may be too challenging to the one or two neurons rattling around in the otherwise empty cranial cavity, but surely there are others who have an intelligence approaching that of moderator ChinaDaily who could add to the discussion?
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 17:35:32 |Display all floors

emu..

the problem with you is that you always think you are the "central", but you can hardly be always right.

public election system isn't a cure-all medicine.  The better system is that  if it delivers to the people most.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 19:23:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-4-11 19:35
the problem with you is that you always think you are the "central", but you can hardly be always right.

Oh, I don't claim to be always right. I'm just a fallible human like everyone else.
If I was in a position of public authority, it would therefore be sensible for those, over whom I had authority, to indicate their trust or otherwise in me, through a democratic process. They could then make a decision on whether I was doing the right thing or not.

Originally posted by chinadaily at 2007-4-11 19:35
public election system isn't a cure-all medicine.  The better system is that  if it delivers to the people most.

And who makes the decision if the "most" is being delivered to the people. The people themselves, or those who have the power and the privilege ?

I see that nobody has the willingness to address my question on why is it that the CCP's friends in the KMT aren't able to contribute to the government process in mainland China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 06:24:10 |Display all floors

Politics Lesson 101.

Dear kindergarteners,

#1.  Listen and listen very carefully because I am going to say it only once. The CPC does NOT want the Mickey Mouse " elections " ala USA. ( Read Greg Palast's " Armed Madhouse " for a deep understanding of this Walt Disney " democracy ".) So it is thanks but no thanks.

#2.  In a communist state, politically active persons are by choice , not by conscription. It is similar to any other  profession or calling. You become a plumber not because you call yourself one but because you are trained as one. Political involvement are restricted to those who have declared themselves interested and become party members ( there are nine seperate political parties in China , KMT is NOT one of them )) and be educated in the process of politics. No one is denied membership apart from those with criminal records ( as is everywhere in the world , supposedly ). There are 60 million active political persons in China and from this informed and educated group comes the selection of national leaders. Village and grass-root elections are in place and they are of the universal suffrage variety.  Hands up those who have difficulties with this concept .

Vince the Ventriloquist is regurgitating rubbish en-mass . Prostitutes and low lives, how exciting . You are right   in all these description : it is the Taiwan Yuan you are focusing on aren't you ? I do like the Shaolin type kungfu and face slapping masquerading as " democracy at work " in that place. Sock it to them !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 07:46:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-4-12 08:24
( there are nine seperate political parties in China , KMT is NOT one of them ))...

And why not? CCP supports the KMT on Taiwan, why not on the mainland?

Originally posted by mengzhi at 2007-4-12 08:24
No one is denied membership apart from those with criminal records ( as is everywhere in the world , supposedly ).

So a person who openly professes his spiritual faith would always have been welcomed to join the CCP?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 08:05:15 |Display all floors

Politics Lesson 101 (b)

Good morning kindergarteners,

#1.  No KMT has ever tried to register as a political party in the Mainland. The CPC is welcoming the expressed aims of the KMT in not wanting to do a UDI.  To support a clear path of peaceful reconciliation is not treasonous, is it ? It does tighten the dog leash on the Taiwanese  DPP though. Power to the righteous.

#2.  Religious freedom in China is widespread and universally acknowledged . However China has no time or patience to pamper to pathological cults who cause society harm. You & your ilk are not concerned with these criminal cults or their religious freedoms ( you can't even spell their name without refreffing to it ) . What you want to see is a conflict you can use as a stick to brow beat the government of the PRC. This is so transparent and juvenile it is the stuff of kindergarten kids, which you are !!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.