Views: 5980|Replies: 9

the wounded mouse,you scared me [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-6 22:38:04 |Display all floors
just now,i saw  a mouse under washing machine and unfortunatly,i stayed home alone tonight that my roommate went to home.i didnt how to deal with it,because it was my roommate' s work i didnt know if the mouse was alive or dead,i want to used a stick  to touch it and when i hold the stick ,i found i cant put it to touch the mouse ,and my heart was 噗咚噗咚(sorry,i forgot how to say)then i found the mouse  moved ,maybe the washing was working  it also scared and didnt to move so quickly.at that moment ,i thought i can ask the gatekeeper to help me(i call him wu da ye)then i went to out to ask him,but when i came back i found the mouse was escaped ,and there were a few drops of blood undre the floor,it was a wounded mouse.
lol,maybe when the mouse went to home ,it would told its friend that it met a craven tonight .but i really dont to want to kill it . am i a craven?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-8 12:49:00 |Display all floors

Sophia,

Craven is an adjective, so it requires a noun.  You should ask, "Am I a craven person? "

And usually, we don't use craven quite that way.  The word you are looking for is "cowardly."  Such as "Am I cowardly?"

Perhaps you are just a cautious person.  Do not be hard on yourself.

[ Last edited by leungshuren at 2007-4-8 12:52 PM ]
LSR.  龙诗人  or  龍詩人
A crater on the planet Mercury is named 李白. (Li Bai)
http://dragonpoet.blogbus.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-8 19:39:46 |Display all floors
I think Craven is not just an adjective,it is also a noun at the same time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-8 20:11:11 |Display all floors
John, it is actually an adjective. You'd say that someone is craven, not "a craven". You might refer to someone as "a craven wimp", for example, a man who cannot stand up to his wife, or a son-in-law who cannot stand up to his father-in-law. Here, "wimp" is the noun.

Sophia, are you wondering if the mouse might be referring to you as a craven wimp?

Actually, I don't think so. Do you realize, only the strong can show mercy or feel compassion? The weak can do nothing (except feel hatred). So, showing mercy or feeling compassion does not mean that you are weak.

You know, real martial arts fighters will never attack someone who does not know martial arts. They do not use their strength against someone weaker than themselves, except perhaps to defend themselves or to eliminate bad people. You can see in the movies, only the rogue fighters attack defenceless people; never the good guys.

So, that mouse family probably knows you as "Sophia the merciful" or "Sophia the strong", for all you know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 22:26:30 |Display all floors
lol,thanks  for your comments  
to leungshuren: thanks for your advice and i just found the word "craven" on internet when i didnt how to say 胆小鬼, i didnt consider  the word's part of speech,like the noun or adjective and i very appreciate for your advice ,i will do better next time.

to changcheng:thanks for your encourage ,and  how do you handle it when you meet the mouse ?kill or let it escape?lol

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 09:16:21 |Display all floors

I will escape.

:) I am afraid of mouse.
How dirty!
How lousy!
I will squeal if the mouse is nearby.

[ Last edited by eva_21 at 2007-4-12 09:17 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-15 17:32:11 |Display all floors
Sophia, if I found a mouse, I might try to feed it to a snake.

Mice and cockroaches are real survivors. Snakes help keep the mouse population under control, otherwise we would all starve to death because mice would eat up all our crops. Isn't it a pity that we treat snakes so badly?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.