Views: 3672|Replies: 4

一篇关于科比的文章,向大家推荐,还有几个问题。 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-6 15:50:46 |Display all floors
一篇关于NBA球星科比的文章,我很喜欢,打出来,与大家分享。同时有几个问题请教。

Kobe Bryant's recent point explosion - five out of his last seven games with more than 50 points - reminds me yet again of why I dislike hem. In fact, I can't stand the Laker's star in exactly the same way I couldn't stand Michael Jordan when I was a kid.
Perhaps I should explain myself. When I was growing up, His Highness Air Jordan was at the glorious end of the basketball spectrum. The man flew. He had his own shoe. He also looked cool in Haines underwear.
Then, there I was, at the other end of the basketball spectrum. I played for my junior high basketball team - usually in the final 30 seconds. That was when our team was down or up (usually down) by more than 20 points. In other words, I was put in the game only when Coach was sure I could do no real damage.
Unlike Jordan, I sort of rolled into the lane, flying only when a defender knocked me to the floor. My shoes were a pair of used Converses. And no matter how I adjusted the waistband of my Haines briefs, I just couldn't get that Michael Jordan look.
Now I have never seen Kobe Bryant in his underwear, but I would imagine that he looks just as cool as Jordan did - though perhaps Bryant prefers boxers. Bryant also does his fair share of flying and has his own shoe.
When You're a Jordan or a Bryant, I suppose you know you are good. There is no need to be humble. But that confidence or arrogance - or whatever you call it - eats at me. I mean, couldn't those guys have given a little of their talent to someone like me? I mean, come on, brother! Spread the love!

问题:
1. stand 是“忍受”的意思吗?
2. His Highness Air 是“飞人”吗?
3. I could do no real damage 如何翻译为好?不会造成任何破坏?
4. sort of rolled into the lane 是什么意思?
5. a Jordan or a Bryant,为何在人名之前加不定冠词 a ? 意思是什么?
6. eats at me 是什么意思?
7. Spread the love! 可否理解为:分享一下人们对你的爱吧!

请帮助,谢谢!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-6 16:37:02 |Display all floors

my try

受不了
篮球皇帝,篮球飞人
换句话说,仅当教练认为比赛结果不会受我影响时才会让我上场
如果你成为了和乔丹或科比这样一名球员
心痒难耐
献出你们的爱心吧

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2007-4-6 04:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-6 18:31:55 |Display all floors
rolled into the lane

冲出场边?冲进观众台等狭小空间?

我理解的是飞身抢球,滚入什么地方!

His Highness Air

是不是和your majesty,your honor差不多啊?

eats at me

让我发狂?

Spread the love

博爱一点吧,也给我点天赋??

哈哈!科比每天练习5000次投篮,不奇怪年仅28岁得分超过19000分。
Coming as I did from a family with no income at all,and with no prospects whatever,college was the narrow door that led darkness into light.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-7 11:18:17 |Display all floors
1. stand 是“忍受”的意思吗?
对,受不了他们那么厉害。

2. His Highness Air 是“飞人”吗?
“Air Jordan” 是他的绰号。“His Highness”(注意两个字都要大写)本意是“殿下”,这里表示尊他高高(双关语?)在上。

3. I could do no real damage 如何翻译为好?不会造成任何破坏?
不会害了自己球队!(即本队稳胜[或反正大势已去]时才派他上场)

4. sort of rolled into the lane
“lane” 在篮球场是罚球区。说他自己没有那种飞身上篮的高招。

5. a Jordan or a Bryant,为何在人名之前加不定冠词 a ? 意思是什么?
When you're Jordan or Bryant -- 当你是 Jordan 或者 Bryant 本人
When you're a Jordan or a Bryant -- 当你是一个像 Jordan 或者 Bryant 那么厉害的人

6. eats at me 是什么意思?
令我很不爽,很烦我,之类都可以啦。

7. Spread the love! 可否理解为:分享一下人们对你的爱吧!
这句恐怕不能按字面理解。嗨,老兄,博爱一点,分一点给大家吧!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 16:03:23 |Display all floors
谢谢诸位的帮助!尤其是JL的解释,真清楚。再查了一下字典,lane果然有“三秒区”的意思,以前只见过有paint的说法。谢谢!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.