Author: mahumahu

why do most boys like white girls?~ [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-7 10:04:26 |Display all floors
we can say lighter skin may make us more beautiful,there is a chinese saying "一白遮三丑"(yi bai zhe san chou) means white skin makes better
so i think whitening is also to beautify yourself,just as why you wear makeups,buy beautiful dresses,do your hair....

but there is no need to change for a guy or anyone,to love appearance only is shallow...

and ...i don't have any recommendation for whitening products,never used one~hehe
爱情什么都象,就是不象爱情...Love is a Fallacy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 12:11:42 |Display all floors

Skin colour

I'm not interested in a womans skin colour. What I'm interested in is the way she and I get along and
whether we complement each other. I'm a foreigner in China, have been here for 3 years as an English
teacher and have often wondered why skin whitening is so important to the younger women, and girls,
here in China. Even my own Chinese fiancee has this cream that costs me RMB800 just so she can
make herself "more beautiful". Really, it doesn't matter, it's who you are, not what you are that is important and the sooner the young, and already beautiful, ladies and women of this wonderful nation realise this,
the happier they should become. Be happy, be yourself and that, in itself, shows an inner beauty that no cosmetics can enhance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 14:21:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-4-6 10:59
Could you please elaborate your above comment?

Now I’m like a student just caught of having written a lame thesis. You are asking me a tough questions, Prof. TB! :)
Instead of any solid observations or personal experiences, the whole thing, like I said, is just what I believe and so is more based on speculations or even imaginations, although both my own experiences (I’m Chinese) and the observations can be involved. Therefore, the theory could be wrong! And, I don’t care even if it is wrong.

With that said, let me try to answer your questions:

What is the meaning of Asian males are (more or less) sexually/spiritually supressed...are you speaking from the Freudian perspective? The term "supressed", are you using in the context of a psychoanalytic model?

When I say “suppressed”, I refer to the meaning of the word in plain English on a regular basis. It should be understood with common sense. I don’t know Freud and his psychoanalysis, and I’ve never taken any classes related with psychology.

Could you please further explain how and why you believe that Asian males are "sexually/spiritually supressed"?

I believe it is because of the influence of the eastern cultures and philosophies. For example, “程朱理学” teaches people “存天理, 灭人欲”, or “suppress human’s desires in order to abide heaven’s laws”.

Please also explain what is the meaning of  "violent tendency"...are you speaking of physical violent behaviors?

“Violent tendency” only means tendency. It doesn’t mean behaviors. IMHO, behaviors release tensions, which would actually reduce the tendency.

And why do you believe that being sexually/spiritually supressed would lead to a "violent tendency" against anything weak?

Tension needs to be released. Why against weak objects? Let’s take bowling as an example. When you bowl, would you feel as much stress-releasing as it is if all the pins are made of lead and strongly welded on the lane?

Thank you very much for your time and attention to my questions. Thank you again in advance.

:)  I don’t believe I’m actually writing these. But well, you are welcome.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 20:09:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mahumahu at 6-4-2007 02:41
Just because boys like white girls, whitening becomes a lifetime task for girls, especially asian girls`

yet since last year's SKII incident, girls become more cautious about whitening produ ...

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding. "Whitening" and "caucasian-like features" are two concepts. "Whitening" is an old tradition that dates back to the ancient times when women put lead (white powder) on their faces. Not exactly sure what the reason was - maybe to make them look clean and fresh? Surely back then there was little knowledge of caucasians. Nowadays whilst some girls do try to look more caucasian by whitening their skin, the majority just want to look more beautiful as whitening enhances the light reflected from the skin and so beauty-features of the face is more apparent. Similarly to some caucasian girls tanning themselves because they see themselves to be too pale. They want to look exotic like latinas.

By the way, I find those asian girls with too much caucasian-ing put me off! eg, blonde hair, overdone make up, etc. So I don't think your arguement "why do most boys like white girls?" is true! I have only met few asian guys who say they truly like "white girls". One night stand is another matter

[ Last edited by obbyto at 2007-4-7 12:13 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 22:01:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mahumahu at 2007-4-6 10:41
Just because boys like white girls, whitening becomes a lifetime task for girls, especially asian girls`

i only like healthy girl with cute smile !
  v...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-7 22:51:21 |Display all floors
I don't think boys like white, I don't.
I often see chinese girls with a face like a ghost, I feel so sad. There are so many beautiful chinese girls, why try to be something your'e not.
Spend the money on a nice facial cream and the boys will come :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-8 11:27:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by puffca at 2007-4-7 14:21

Now I’m like a student just caught of having written a lame thesis. You are asking me a tough questions, Prof. TB! :)
Instead of any solid observations or personal experiences, the whole thin ...

Thank you for your time again...basically I was interested in your thread...want to understand you further...the only way to accomplish that objective is to ask you a few questions...I thank you for your detailed answers.
:)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.