Author: desperado123

Shanghai, or Hongkong which one would be the financial center of China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-16 14:13:15 |Display all floors

I have seen the jealousy in eyes of non centre citizentry..

....it's going to be "tough".....

But the "virtual link" is probably the only option.......for Pearl River Delta and Hong Kong.

Green Dragon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-16 15:09:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2007-4-16 14:10
what to do.......national solidarity....monolithic policies.......piracy of movie in Malaya, China is "killing the Hong Kong movie industry", worse needing to do "national service&qu ...

your analysis is reasonalbe to some extent . and i think the future of the two cities depends on the connections with the outside world .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 16:29:17 |Display all floors

absolutely, the pride of "the most" will belong to shanghai.

In a long run, shanghai must become the engine of China's economy. Overall, I still remember a most popular actor's lines of the movie, "what's the most valuable stuff of 21’th century?--- Talents".        There is no doubt that shanghai's basic content of people is more huge than hongkong. The reserving of high-educated person will offer shanghai enough ability in the competition.
You may ask: Now, hongkong government can attract more technical experts to Hongkong than Shanghai can do. Of course, shanghai can't compare with hongkong on the salary, on the wage. But, never mind, the high price is only the one of the all. It includes lots of aspects, such as research environment and talents mass effect. This kind of environment usually can’t be resolved only by spending money. This can be boiled down to the culture accumulation. If the world war II hadn’t happened and Japan hadn’t invade China, I think hongkong will never catch up and surpass shanghai.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-23 17:42:12 |Display all floors
HK will never catch up?

Shanghai is merely a SimCity attempt of a megalopolis, countryside with buildings and roads, crowded with useless graduated students, corrupted officials and reckless investors planning a rise that might never come up...

Is that your idea of a joke?
KISS
(Keep It Simple, Stupid)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-24 12:43:00 |Display all floors

Shanghai has a lot of burdens!

It could be quite difficult for Shanghai to catch up with Hong Kong!

Just keep it simple and write a list of positives and negatives for each city.
Then consider Shanghai elite and Hong Kong elite.

It would take quite a long time for Shanghai to catch up!

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 10:37:34 |Display all floors

Now, Chengdu is making all the right moves!

It's talking about Mountain attractions like Skiing....
Nice standard of living....

I am just waiting for a Luxury good industry to start up on the back of GIGANTIC MILITARY PROCUREMENT industries.
Maybe they can start ENERGY trading...due to Chengdu's proximity to the Central Asian states?
and maybe PRIVATE BANKING?

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-25 10:44:22 |Display all floors
haha ! Chengdu ? maybe it a good place to enjoy , but it 's not a right place to start and run your business.
one of my teacher was stunned by the large number of citizens playing Mah-jong when he traveled there .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.