Author: desperado123

Shanghai, or Hongkong which one would be the financial center of China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-9 14:46:51 |Display all floors
hope the competiton and cooperation between the two cities end up with a win-win outcome .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-11 13:45:15 |Display all floors
If Hong Kong loses its glitter and shine, western countries would say "Beijing's incompetent".

So, the only way to shut them up is to make it even more prosperous, advanced and rich. However, it should second place to Shanghai and keep it that way as backup to Shanghai.

After all, it's the international investors that flocks to Shanghai. They fled Shanghai in1949 and now they are returning.
xurfnet.blogspot.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-12 12:20:46 |Display all floors

Reply #9 admchengho's post

Alamak!

My dear Admiral......i doubt people really bother to compare between Hong Kong and Shanghai?

But people do compare between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore!

so it would shut you up!

ha ha ha

Hong Kong is INTERNATONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE and that's nothing a Singaporean agent can do about it!
In fact, Hong Kongers don't even bother to comment on such silliness!

ha ha ha

Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 00:06:27 |Display all floors

let them develop by themselve

there is laws for everythings development.and if the central goverment made some special policy to support one,it may not follow the economic laws,and is not good for the economical development.so the best way is letting things go natural.and i think neither can wash out the other.and both will gain well development.
i think that that is the essence of market economy.under controlled competetion will not leed to tragedy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 11:15:41 |Display all floors
I think you're right. The "invisible hand" they say, afforded some societies to grow by itself.

If they're growing positively, let it be but if they're condescending negatively, there has to have an intervention by the government to regulate and control.
xurfnet.blogspot.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 16:00:02 |Display all floors
look at what are there around shanghai and hongkong
within domestic region ,jiangsu and zhejiang around shanghai
and guangdong is the backsupporter of hongkong
as view it in the longterm ,i think both of them will continue to be prosperous
but i think the potential of hongkong is no better than shanghai
because the land resource of hongkong is too limited
although shanghai is much far behind hongkong in many aspects,such as  the basic fercilities,education,GDP and GDP per capita
etc,but maybe within less than two decades only will shanghai overtake hongkong surly
personally cities like shenzhen and guangzhou will probably replace the position of hongkong in a few decades,but shanghai is irreplaceable within a longlong period of time.
hopefully to be a master of what I like, on knowledge

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-13 16:45:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by desperado123 at 2007-4-5 02:23
Shanghai, or Hongkong which one would be the financial center of China?

One would hope that China's financial centre would be the one which is less corrupt.

Now which city's ruling party officials were charged with corruption.........?

[ Last edited by emucentral at 2007-4-13 06:48 PM ]
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.