Author: copchen

往事并不如烟 C-E [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-4 22:45:32 |Display all floors
Originally posted by hly2008 at 2007-4-4 22:39
I think "privilege" is better than "right" in this context.

en, or "luxury".
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 22:48:15 |Display all floors
权利

literally means rights, but privilege has a profound meaning, compare to it, "rights" feels very shallow

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 22:50:05 |Display all floors
I like the word privilege here.

the word privilege has a profound meaning, when "rights" compare to it seems so shallow

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 22:54:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jonnyd at 2007-4-4 22:45

a few adjustments

A word, plain as it maybe, of speaks of a cringing heart on many a cold, endless night. I think, even the chance to feel sorrow is a privilege. To me the past is forgettabl ...

Hi, I took note of your comment. Actually, i arranged my sentence structure according to a proverb:a drunken mind speaks a sober heart. Sorrow can be a verb, right? Ru yan basically mean elusive, you try to remember but all you get are some shifting bits, sometimes clear and sometimes vague, just like the wind blowing in fog, haha..
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 23:13:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by copchen at 2007-4-4 16:55
因为,一个平淡的词语,常包藏着无数寒夜里的心悸。我想,能够悲伤也是一种权利。往事如烟,往事又并不如烟。

-------摘录自《往事并不如烟》作者自序

先贴上,晚上不能写中文时再试译。哪位朋友愿意先试试 ...

Try for fun---

That's because, a word, though plain as it may be, often contains the heart-throbing in countless cold nights.  So I come to think, to
sorrow is also a sort of human right.  The past is fading away, as if the mist,  or completely not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 23:15:39 |Display all floors
Try for fun---

That's because, a word, though plain as it may be, often contains the heart-throbing in countless cold nights.  So I come to think, to
sorrow is also a sort of human right.  The past is fading away, as if the mist,  or not at all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 23:20:03 |Display all floors
I'd like to give it a try to the last sentences:
Somehow life is like smoke, and somehow it is not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.