Views: 3723|Replies: 12

语言的无用,文字的无力C -E [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-4 16:04:37 |Display all floors
我拿起笔,也是在为自己寻找继续生存的理由和力量,拯救我即将枯萎的心。而提笔的那一刻,才知道语言的无用,文字的无力。它们似乎永远无法叙述出一个人内心的爱与乐,苦与仇。

----继续摘录自《往事并不如烟》作者自序。

==============翻译练习,欢迎各位朋友参与!============

参见:

http://www.cngdsz.net/book/bookcontent_list.asp?bookid=326

[ Last edited by copchen at 2007-4-5 08:33 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 16:30:28 |Display all floors

try

To find a reason and the strength for myself to continue my life, I took up the pen to retrieval my fading heart. But I didn't know the uselessness of the language and the weakness of words until I held my pen. It seemed to me that they never could depict the love and happiness, the bitterness and hate in a person's inner heart.

[ Last edited by copchen at 2007-4-5 08:32 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 21:03:26 |Display all floors

my try:-)

I  write to find myself a reason and give myself a strength to live on, to save my twilight soul.
But only when  I hold a pen do I feel the powerlessness of language, the strengthlessness of words,
It seems impossible to define love, joy, misery and hate with them.

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2007-4-4 09:04 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

rovi297 has been deleted
Post time 2007-4-4 21:14:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 21:35:19 |Display all floors
I think "write for" is better. "write to" is often followed by "someone". Thanks for your idea;-)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 21:45:53 |Display all floors
我拿起笔,也是在为自己寻找继续生存的理由和力量,拯救我即将枯萎的心。而提笔的那一刻,才知道语言的无用,文字的无力。它们似乎永远无法叙述出一个人内心的爱与乐,苦与仇。
I grabbed my pen, as if grabbing the straw that could lend me the strength and reasons needed to live on, the straw that could rescue my withering soul. Yet not until the moment I grabbed my pen, did I come to the realization that language is so wan, and words so pale, that they always seem to fall short in expressing the joy and sorrow, love and hate of a human.
If winter comes, can spring be frozen ahead?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 22:44:07 |Display all floors
I come up with a phrase "feebleness of words". I think it would be better than the one I used before.

[ Last edited by hly2008 at 2007-4-4 11:05 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.