Views: 3668|Replies: 8

关于清明 C-E [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-4 08:41:39 |Display all floors
清明是表征物候的节气,含有天气晴朗、草木繁茂的意思。清明这天,民间有踏青、寒食、扫墓等习俗。

试译:
Clear and Bright, one of the 24 Chinese  solar terms, is the time of clear sky and flourishing grasses and trees. On the day of Clear and Bright, local people have customs of outing to feel spring, eating cold food and paying respects to passed relatives at their tombs.

请指正。

参考资料:
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/vie ... hlight=%BD%DA%C6%F8

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 11:30:32 |Display all floors
我也试试哈

The Term Clear and Bright refers to one of the 24 Chinese Solar Terms as the weather is clear and bright with copious vernal signs blooming at their best. Tradition has it that in this day people will go outdoors for a taste of spring,  eat cold dishes as well as pay visit to the tomb of their deceased family members.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-4 11:52:15 |Display all floors
“清明”用音译可能更好。Clear and Bright 怎么听都不像一个节日的名字。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 11:56:08 |Display all floors
yeah, transliteration is better I reckon ^_^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 18:56:48 |Display all floors
The Qing Ming, one of 24 Chinese solar terms in purpose of marking biotemperatures, indicates the days of sunlight and flourishing creatures. at the day of Qing Ming, a few folk customs can be seen publicly such as outing, serving cold dishes and sweeping tombs of ancestors.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 20:33:03 |Display all floors

my try

Qin Ming is a day for climate. It suggests a clear sky and flourishing plants . On this day, people will practice traditions such as go hiking, serving cold dishes, and sweeping tombs.

I'll keep thinking..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-5 09:15:41 |Display all floors
hly, 这里a day for climate是什么意思? practice traditions? here I think "go hiking" failed to convey the original text, then, "serve cold dishes", "serve/prepare/have", which one is better? "sweep tombs" seemed to be an official translation, but I just cannot accept it, may I ask, who indeed performs the act of "sweeping" on this Day?

my humble opinion~~~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.