Views: 3192|Replies: 7

Alice in Wonderland [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-3 11:08:25 |Display all floors
And, typically, schools in developing countries are already struggling with an array of problems—overcrowded classrooms, incompetent or absent teachers, and a lack of textbooks, chalk, and other basic materials. “It's right out of Alice in Wonderland,” says Atanu Dey, chief economist for Netcore Solutions, in Mumbai, India. “When Alice meets the Cheshire cat, she says that she's seen a cat without a smile but never a smile without a cat. I've seen a school with teachers, blackboards, and books without laptops, but I've never seen a school with laptops but without teachers and the rest.”

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-3 11:27:45 |Display all floors
只能直译吧?那本书有许多怪句子。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 11:33:03 |Display all floors
haha Alice in wonderland is a cracked up book, wish I could help you, I know the meaning in english but cant translate it into Chinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 11:34:55 |Display all floors
《爱丽丝梦游仙境》好像是有这么个场景。就是她走在一片树林中,很黑,她看到树上有个月牙型的白牙,还有猫的眼睛。那个猫很大一只。就是那个笑容吧?!记不清楚了。很久前的看的动画片了。

哈哈!我也同意直译。

她见过不笑的猫,但是没见过光有笑而没有猫的事情。

我的意思是我脑子里那个场景。建议clearwater找《爱丽丝梦游仙境》温习一下。

[ Last edited by barcelona at 2007-4-4 11:29 AM ]
Coming as I did from a family with no income at all,and with no prospects whatever,college was the narrow door that led darkness into light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-3 13:53:56 |Display all floors
顶一下

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-4 09:55:31 |Display all floors
she says that she's seen a cat without a smile but never a smile without a cat
1、她见过猫,但是从没见过会笑的猫。
2、猫不会笑很正常,但如果连猫都没有,想要有猫的笑就匪夷所思了;
3、她见过不会笑的猫,但从没见过没有猫的笑。
哪个版本好?或者有更好的版本?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2007-4-4 11:33:19 |Display all floors

你其实没有选择的余地

只能用(3), 因为还要跟下面一句连起来:见过没有A的B,没有见过没有B的A。
I've seen a school with teachers, blackboards, and books without laptops, but I've never seen a school with laptops but without teachers and the rest.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.