Author: janezhang88

Why do men hate shopping? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-4-1 19:27:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by bubbletea at 2007-4-1 08:50

Haahahahaa......  that might be only true to men (that are jerks), wouldn't it???
it sounds like they are the gold digger (which switch roll for once)
usually from what i seen, men don't like shopping that much because women spends too long looking through stuff, and can't decide on things, all these suppose to annoy them. (my bro told me that.)

Woman should take some real man with her who says to woman buy this and that and then quickly to the checkout After buying clothes they could spend more time on shopping consumer electronics
Waiting for summer :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-1 19:30:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by iamtang at 2007-4-1 10:31

I am afraid I would be weird if I  go shopping with my male friends,such as my bf. Because I feel I am
afflict him when I looking aroud in a clothing shop with him sitting down or standing in the shop, and with
his appearance exhausted. Then I will feel uncomfortable and then have no interest in selecting stuff.

Hmm.. then it seems it's not working that way. But frankly speaking I have found that womans are quite helpful when I'm selecting clothes :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 03:49:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by janezhang88 at 2007-4-1 11:32

They dont care the process but result, so they go shopping as quickly as they can.

Men are hopeless and helpless for their shopping behaviours, they are all hardwired before they were born!
:)

They (men) need something inspiring to motivate their behaviours and something goal orientated to maintain their fast-fading interests...like.... what if the woman tells her boyfriend...."if you are a good boy helping me to select my dresses, shoes, handbags, tops, etc. without complaining,  I will try them on for you first thing we go back to my place!" ....hmmmmmmm....would that tactic works? I wonder?:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 04:38:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-4-1 21:49

Men are hopeless and helpless for their shopping behaviours, they are all hardwired before they were born!

They (men) need something inspiring to motivate their behaviours and something goal orientated to maintain their fast-fading interests...like.... what if the woman tells her boyfriend...."if you are a good boy helping me to select my dresses, shoes, handbags, tops, etc. without complaining,  I will try them on for you first thing we go back to my place!" ....hmmmmmmm....would that tactic works? I wonder?

Hmm.. I wonder if she would say something about undressing new clothes it could work

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 06:59:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kossutin at 2007-4-1 19:30

Hmm.. then it seems it's not working that way. But frankly speaking I have found that womans are quite helpful when I'm selecting clothes :)

That's right.
Here is an interesting phenomena--boyfriend is always patient to accompany,help you make final
decision; but husband is a little bit lazy or impatient during the whole shopping,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 07:15:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by thunderbird at 2007-4-2 03:49

:)

They (men) need something inspiring to motivate thei ...

No idea for this tactic,never try it.
What i wonder  is that men expect women dressing in fashion,but sometimes they dont want to spend time to achieve their expectation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-4-2 07:37:21 |Display all floors

Good thread janezhang88!

Congratulations, janezhang88. This topic seems to have touched an nerve, with 41 responses in 2 days!

I think I can speak for many men, in saying that you are correct about it really being about hating to shop with their wives.

Just as you describe, it is excruciating to have to "endure the hesitation and comparison" of a woman shopping. You have such an accurate knowledge of the problem that I think you must have personal experience torturing a husband in this way?

My solution is to have a book with me whenever we go shopping. She goes into the store. I find a place to sit and read. The only time that didn't work when she was shopping for hair clamps in the stores in People's Square Station, Shanghai Metro. There's no seats or benches. I had to go outside but it was dark and old guys kept asking me for money. Finally I went back in and she had made a selection.

Maybe it is not that men hate shopipng so much, but that women love it so much?

The only good thing is can see with all this is that a man is much more likely to get "lucky" if his wife has had an enjoyable day shopping.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.