Author: mark069

I think Iran miscalculated [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2007-3-31 08:24:08 |Display all floors
The problem is that Iran has already set the conditions for "progress": that is, an "admission" from the UK that it was at fault. Tony Blair cannot do this, since he would risk the 15 being put on trial for espionage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:20:36 |Display all floors

Bully without Backup.

So the mighty Brits is between a rock and a hard place isn't it ? Why is it so hard to say ' sorry ' if you are in the wrong ? Not used to it heh ? Over the past two centuries, the supremacists have been running wild and woolly, doing what they wanted, to whom they wanted to. The tide has changed Irish, even your sectarian war has seen bigots supping at the same table. Iran will prevail and if the Brits are smart, they will play the diplomatic card rather than thumping their fists on the table. Good luck.:)

[ Last edited by mengzhi at 2007-3-31 09:22 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:25:41 |Display all floors
The Iranians have left them with no card to play besides military action. Publicly admitting guilt, even if only for the purposes of securing the release of the seamen with the intention of repudiating the apology afterwords, could inadvertantly lead to the seamen being put on trial for their lives without the UK being in a positio to protest.

If Iran fails to release the seamen, military action is likely to follow. Russian intelligence believes that an attack is scheduled for April 6. Iran may not have much time left.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 09:33:15 |Display all floors
I hope they don't opt for War, it'll be a much bigger catastrophe than Iraq.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 11:12:59 |Display all floors

#6 Nay,

Originally posted by irishinuk at 2007-3-31 08:20
I think the most accurate term may be "seamen".

Nay, they are NOT sailors, NOT seamen

They are the Marines from the Royal Navy.

They are certainly there for a purpose, certainly have trespassed into the Iranian waters and guilty as charged.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 11:15:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by gobobo at 2007-3-31 09:33
I hope they don't opt for War, it'll be a much bigger catastrophe than Iraq.

It would depend on whether that little brother could still call upon his gangster big brother, himself in trouble with his Congress, for aid.

Greater catastrophe?

Inaction is worse and I guess that's why.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2007-3-31 11:20:46 |Display all floors

Painted oneself into a corner.

# 10 Dear Irish ,

No it is the British who has painted themselves into the corner. Armed action soon ! seems good. Bring it on may be the message from Ahmadinejiad. The human grinding machine marches on. It is a war of attrition. The one who blinks loses. Good fighting.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.